Laser eye surgery

I struggle with reading but at 48 thats expected and its that i want corrected.

Reading that at my age, the procedure should hopefully take me to the grave and that its younger patients who have it done that end up needing the glasses to read just due to the time they have left.

i had both eye done for cataract with lens replacement and its the new way forward and they can correct your vision with a lens, many people are now going down this route and your vision is like when your first born so clean and bright and unbelievable, and the recovery is also good with next day vision but you have to have drops for a month, and like i said a had bad cataract so they asked my would i like to go for 20/20 vision lens and i would say if not for my stigma/glaucoma it would have worked 100%, but i can see well enough without spec's and like i said its like new eyes with the brightness and colors

https://www.optegra.com/hospitals-and-clinics/optegra-eye-hospital-manchester/

I was 24 when I had it done. 8 years on and no issues (I'm sure the treatment is even better nowadays - but at the time they were using the computer guided multi-laser for a more accurate finish). I was worried about that, particular as i was short sighted due to computer use.
I work in an office and im pretty sure its the computers that have made my eyes so I wasnt sure if I stay in the same job they will just go again

please explain how you remember this? you must be super human ;) lol

i don't remember it but like anything new its at its best when new

when having the OP they do one eye at a time and i can tall you looking through the new lens in the eye and the other cataract eye you know what i mean, its like having a upto date tv in 4K then watching your old tv you can see difference

they are now doing it (cataract lens replacement) as the first option long term, and many many people are turning to it than laser eye surgery and the celebrities are ranking up who have had it done

I had it in 1997. I now need reading glasses but otherwise still fine.

Been tempted by this. Don't suit glasses at all and never really fancied contacts but keep getting put off by some of the things people say. Im still in my 20s so worried before long I would need to have them done again.
Get 1 day actavue contacts mate they are fantastic, they are really moist gel like things and u csnt tell they are in once they are in.

I'm really considering getting laser eye surgery, but I'm worried about the long term side effects. My vision is terrible right now, so I've not got much to lose by going for it!

I'm really considering getting laser eye surgery, but I'm worried about the long term side effects. My vision is terrible right now, so I've not got much to lose by going for it!
What age are you and do glasses correct your vision?
I'm 58 and have been wearing specs since the age of 11. As I said earlier in the thread, I've had a cataract in one eye which is really an old person's disease
Mine was operated on when I was in my late 30's. When i reached 52 my vision in that eye became very strange and I was rushed in for a detached retina. This was put down to the cataract op weakening the eye
As most cataracts are on older people they generally die before the detached retina issue

Optical express 4 grand but that was 5 years ago, friend just had it done and that was 5 and a quarter, they did one eye at time and a week apart, stuck with drops as instructed and never had an issue.
They now do them one day apart so in 2 days you can go from bad to perfect vision.
Each eye takes about 20 minutes and didn't feel a thing, dentist scrub and polish far more intrusive.
My lenses are multi focal so that's what you want.
This interests me as I'm now needing multifocals or two pays of glasses which is a pain. Fishing is a fucking nightmare needing both good long and close vision. Did laser surgery sort out both your long and short sightedness?

What age are you and do glasses correct your vision?
I'm 58 and have been wearing specs since the age of 11. As I said earlier in the thread, I've had a cataract in one eye which is really an old person's disease
Mine was operated on when I was in my late 30's. When i reached 52 my vision in that eye became very strange and I was rushed in for a detached retina. This was put down to the cataract op weakening the eye
As most cataracts are on older people they generally die before the detached retina issue
I'm late twenties and I have to wear contact lenses otherwise I'd be as blind as a bat! :')

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.