Next League Games

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting 6 wins but would be happy with 16 points, expectations have gone up a few notches after last season but i think we may well be better the way things are looking early doors.. One thing is for sure, Pep wont tolerate any coasting or over confidence seeping in.!

Good start to this block of so called easier games.

Liverpool have got away games at Leicester, Spurs and Chelsea before they play us on 7th October. Given our next 5 fixtures, there could be a little gap by then. If we break the Anfield hoodoo, I don't think we'll look back.

One game at a time, same approach as last season. Leave all the billy big balls bravado to the scousers, they have some tricky games before we play them and that will let us know if they are mounting a challenge early on

Should also be noted that we have Liverpool Chelsea spurs away as well as the arsenal win before Christmas
So the run in should be fun!

Yep, the rags are the only top six side that we have at home in the first half of the season. After Christmas we still have home games against Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Arsenal. Could end up working well in our favor

Next 5 league games are crucial:

City
25th Aug - Wolves (A)
1st Sept - Newcastle (H)
15th Sept - Fulham (H)
22nd Sept - Cardiff (A)
29th Sep - Brighton (H)

Liverpool
25th Aug - Brighton (H)
1st Sept - Leicester (A)
15th Sept - Spurs (A)
22nd Sept - Southampton (H)
29th Sept - Chelsea (A)

Chelsea
26th Aug - Newcastle (A)
1st Sept - Bournemouth (H)
15th Sept - Cardiff (H)
23rd Sept - West Ham (A)
29th Sept - Liverpool (H)

Spurs
27th Aug - United (A)
2nd Sept - Watford (A)
15th Sept - Liverpool (H)
22nd Sept - Brighton (A)
29th Sept - Huddersfield (A)

United
27th Aug - Spurs (H)
2nd Sept - Burnley (A)
15th Sept - Watford (A)
22nd Sept - Wolves (H)
29th Sept - West Ham (A)

Think Chelsea could keep pace, maybe, but we should get daylight between ourselves and the rest over the next 5. If Liverpool come out with 13+ they've done well, they have some tricky games coming up.

Not so much because I buy into the hype but I reckon this weekend will be the trickiest of the next 5. They need to start getting some points on the board so I imagine quite a defensive approach from Wolves despite their investment.

Plus it's "prime time" so the home crowd is always up for these games. Thankfully Cardiff away is a 3 o'clock game.

Next 5 league games are crucial:

City
25th Aug - Wolves (A)
1st Sept - Newcastle (H)
15th Sept - Fulham (H)
22nd Sept - Cardiff (A)
29th Sep - Brighton (H)

Liverpool
25th Aug - Brighton (H)
1st Sept - Leicester (A)
15th Sept - Spurs (A)
22nd Sept - Southampton (H)
29th Sept - Chelsea (A)
Think we'll win ours and Liverpool will drop a few points.

The media are hyping us as your biggest challengers, it seems the majority on here think/hope it’ll be Chelsea instead, am I the only person thinking Spurs will be your biggest challengers this year?! They’re literally operating under the radar, pressure free it seems. They need luck with injuries, but don’t they always! Cracks me up that because they’ve not signed anyone they’re meant to be what, a worse team?!

I do think we’re a shoe in for Top 3 though. We now have a defensive unit and starting 11 capable of winning the League but unfortunately there’s this team called Man City! We just don’t have the depth you have, or the midfield either!

Anyway to this post, Spurs (a) is my biggest worry! Think we will drop points there, probably all 3. Leicester has been a Bogey ground but with a Vardy suspended I’m hopeful of the win there given his record of scoring against us! Chelsea (a), if they play anything like they did against Arsenal we will smash them. I expect them to play a more defensive possession game against us. We will see how tactically adapt Sarri can be!

Does look like you and Chelsea will be 5 from 5 though! So surely you’ll be routing for the draw when we turn up at their place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.