Last 5 Years Trophy Count

marl0we

City - 2x Premier League, 1x FA Cup, 1x League Cup
Chelsea - 1x Premier League, 1x FA Cup, 1x League Cup, 1x Champions League, 1x Europa League
United- 2x Premier League
Teams with 1 domestic cup: Arsenal (though they could make it two in a few weeks), Liverpool, Swansea, Wigan, Birmingham

So my question is, have we been the most successful team? Or would you give it to Chelsea? We have an extra Premier League title, but they have won the Champions League and the Europa League. They edge it for me.

Worth noting also that the scum have only won one trophy in the last four years (to our three), and we've finished above them in three of those years (unless they overtake us this year). We're definitely the dominant team in the north.

Chelsea due to the European success but it does go to show the doom and gloom merchants on here that its been a fantastic period for us as well.

marl0we said:
Chelsea - 1x Premier League, 1x FA Cup, 1x League Cup, 1x Champions League, 1x Europa League
Teams with 1 domestic cup: Arsenal (though they could make it two in a few weeks), Liverpool, Swansea, Wigan, Birmingham

So my question is, have we been the most successful team? Or would you give it to Chelsea? We have an extra Premier League title, but they have won the Champions League and the Europa League. They edge it for me.

Worth noting also that the scum have only won one trophy in the last four years (to our three), and we've finished above them in three of those years (unless they overtake us this year). We're definitely the dominant team in the north.

If we take over the past 5 years a point for each PL placing ie 1 point for 1st ,2 for second etc,then the lowest points score when added up would give a better reflection.

oakiecokie said:
marl0we said:

If we take over the past 5 years a point for each PL placing ie 1 point for 1st ,2 for second etc,then the lowest points score when added up would give a better reflection.

Assuming this season finishes as it is now, that would give us 10 points, United 15, Chelsea 16 and Arsenal 17. But I think it's a stretch to say that we're comfortably the best, that United have been more successful than Chelsea, and that Arsenal are close to either of them.

Edit: sorry, that should say United and Chelsea tied on 15 each.

Chelsea had the Champions League and Europe League which I'd imagine was a great experience, especially the manner in which they won the Champions League. However it would be interesting to see how many would have swapped it for an Aguero moment?

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Rome wasn't built in a day. Investment wise Chelsea had an head start.

Exactly this. You can make up any spurious statistic you want to say who has been the best over a given period, but in the end, what's fantastic is that we have those 4 trophies, and if Chelsea (or any other club that has similar spending power) is anything to go by, it's just the start of the good times :)

Chelsea have been the more successful, simply as they've cracked Europe. Twice. I think most City fans would swap one of the PL titles for a CL trophy. Much as we deride the competition, calling it corrupt etc etc, European success is how the elite clubs are judged. After all, what's another La Liga title to Barca or Real, or another Bundesliga title to Bayern, or a Serie A for Juve?

The European success will always put Chelsea above us. When you compare how hard is it win the CL, the likes of which Real, Bayern and Barca are obsessed with, we need that good showing in Europe to put us above Chelsea.

sadly it counts for nothing and you can not just sit back and look at we have won over the past 5 years
its great for fans but the club moves forward and on to the next season and cup runs champions league

for me its never been about silverware Manchester city have been to the lowest points of football and the fans still turned out in them dark days of the old 3rd division. that's what its all about the fans how many other clubs would love our fan base its 2nd to none it really is that's special

Manchester city football club will always be a fan base club glory is great and silverware is good to look at but we welcome with open arms any new fans to out great club and if there is 1 thing you can ask them is take a look at 1999 season THATS IS MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.