Last Champions League Tuesday on terrestrial TV

crooky

Surprised by the lack of coverage about this but the Bayern Munich vs Barcelona game tonight could well be the last proper Champions League Tuesday.

Starting next year BT will have exclusive rights with only the final and one game per British team to be shown for free*.

The CL Tuesdays will always have a significance to me as they were the first times I truly enjoyed watching football and without them I wonder if today's youngster's will struggle to get into football with hardly any decent football on terrestrial.

All that's left is MOTD which is on too late for most youngsters, a handful of largely uninspiring England games and the occasional cup game.

I'm sure there's still going to be lots of football supporting youngsters but most of them will probably be from footballing households with access to SKY, BT etc. The football won't be found as such you'll already need to know it's on which is a big difference.

*When they say free I'm not sure if this counts freeview or not.

Re: Last Champions League Tuesday on terrestrial TV

What a final for ITV to sign off with if it's a El Classico final Barcelona VS Madrid, eh!?

Good fucking riddance to it. One giant cash cow filled with sleep inducing matches for the most part commentated on by dullards and fuckwits.

SKY do football far better than the idiots at ITV anyway.

I won't miss it. ITV's coverage is shite. Andy Townsend just said "Barca had a healthy lead earlier". They still do you knob, Bayern need 3 goals with 10 mins left!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.