Last Concert You Saw/Concert Reviews

buckshot

Can't believe there isn't a thread on concerts and their reviews so here goes.

For us we've seen some good shows recently and thought it was worth passing along my thoughts.

1. Foo Fighers/The Hives/Amyl and the Sniffers

Dave Grohl is as pure of a rock star as you'll find. It was a stadium show and he made it seem like a small club because he played to the crowd so well. His band is also top notch, if you get a chance to see them don't miss it.

The Hives were meh, their hits were fun but it lasted too long.

Amyl and the Sniffers were amazing. If you're into punk rock they're definitely worth seeing live, I could see them getting really big. Their lead singer is a mixture of Debbie Harry and Mick Jagger.

2. Green Day/Smashing Pumpkins/Rancid/Linda Linda's

Green Day was and 8.5 out of 10. My only beef with them is that it feels like punk rock should be on a smaller, stripped down scale and this was a massive stadium show with pyro and tons of video. That being said Billie Joe and Company were loud af and tons of fun.

Smashing Pumpkins is not my cup of tea, too much sad sack bullshit plus Billy Corgan seems like a douche.

Rancid was fun for sure and have lots of hits.

Linda Linda's were a blast, their youthful exuberance was palpable and the crowd really responded.

3. Squeeze (50th Anniversary Tour)/Boy George

This was our 4th time seeing Squeeze and they're still an awesome, tight band. Glenn and Chris' voices sound as good as ever and the band is like an all-star team. The highlights were "Goodbye Girl" with a zydeco arrangement and "Slap and Tickle" which was a banger.

Boy George was an afterthought when buying these tickets because my wife loves Squeeze so much but damn if he wasn't every bit as good as them. He's a born entertainer who is not only a great singer but also a great storyteller. He relates to an audience as good as anybody I've seen. The first half saw lots of Culture Club hits and the second half had some of his solo stuff along with "Crying Game" which is such a great song. He ended by paying tribute to Prince with a great rendition of "Purple Rain" followed up by "Get It On (Bang a Gong)." His band featured a couple backup singers who really blew us away, apparently one of them was on his team on The Voice who he let sing a song as George was offstage.

Who have you seen recently? Who are some can't miss bands?

In Camden earlier this year.

images

Saw Liam at the co-op other month, & fair play to him he’s still got it he smashed definitely maybe, let’s see what next yr brings eh…..

Camille O’Sullivan at The Band on the Wall on Sunday.
Cracking emotional performance from Camille as usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.