Last Film You Saw

Peterloo -first half is long on speeches (authentic but long-winded) but the final massacre scene is stunning (though a bit less bloody than the real thing). I still can't believe how few people know about it - but the 200th anniversary next year will put that right.

Bohemian Rhapsody - brilliant musical biopic, about Freddie Mercury mainly, even has a sort of villain, but lots of stuff about origin of classic Queen songs. Great if you like their music, but still can't beat Three Billboards as film of the year.

Bohemian Rhapsody if you like Queen it’s a must see, brilliant performance by Malik who I guess will get a lot of nominations for his role also the final scenes at Live Aid transported me back 33 years I remember watching it on tv and it’s mesmerising 8/10

Apostle

Directed by Gareth Edwards (The Raid) with Dan Stevens (The Guest) in the lead.

I thought it was pretty good with Edwards able to make a small budget go very far, probably a hallmark of his. Plot is pretty basic but well acted all round with Martin Sheen playing a good part to. Worth a watch imo.

Just watched Blackkklansman. Decent. 8/10.

I thought it was a real mess of a film.

There was some wooden acting and the script wasn't much better.

The documentary footage felt like it had been tacked on to give the film some gravitas.

It would have made a better documentary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.