Last Film You Saw

Phantom Thread: Daniel Day-Lewis is a textbook narcissist who happens to be the most successful dress maker in England. But what happens when Mr. "Don't Sip Your Tea Too Loudly" starts looking Mrs. Wrong?

Also a beautiful haunting soundtrack composed by Johnny Greenwood performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

Battle at the El Royale

Not sure what to expect but it was another good watch. Reminded me of early Tarantino.

Never heard of it.

I watched "Bad Times at El Royale" and found it ultimately a meaningless project.

I couldn't tell you the story line.

I couldn't tell you what linked the characters involved.

I could tell you that Chris Hemworth confirms my suspicions of being a very poor actor and 'Thor' is, in fact, his best ever work as the character is stunted emotionally.

Perhaps you meant the 2000 "Battle Royale" which is a superb film, I agree!

Never heard of it.

I watched "Bad Times at El Royale" and found it ultimately a meaningless project.

I couldn't tell you the story line.

I couldn't tell you what linked the characters involved.

I could tell you that Chris Hemworth confirms my suspicions of being a very poor actor and 'Thor' is, in fact, his best ever work as the character is stunted emotionally.

Perhaps you meant the 2000 "Battle Royale" which is a superb film, I agree!
Indeed Battle Royale was an excellent film.
And i should have written Bad Times at the El Royale, but at that point i beg to differ.
It was a good film imo.

Ashes in the Snow. 8/10

Set during World War II, the film addresses the crimes committed by Stalin against the Eastern European countries that became part of the Soviet empire. The main characters are a family living in Lithuania, and the heroine is a young aspiring artist named Lina, played by Powley. She and her mother and brother join the other residents of her town in forced emigration to a remote area of Siberia.

Indeed Battle Royale was an excellent film.
And i should have written Bad Times at the El Royale, but at that point i beg to differ.
It was a good film imo.

Fair enough, but a film devoted to mini stories orchestrated to a crescendo should have a thread that ties them together, right?

I saw none, which is why it bombed at the box office.

Lots of shiny objects to feather an empty nest...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.