Last Film You Saw

The Girl in the Spiders Web

Pretty damn good (as a standalone action film). Clare Foy takes over Lisbeth Salander's character seamlessly and hits that nordic accent well. The production is strange, a Hollywood style action film mixed with the tone and feel of the original trilogy. Since the new writer stepped in it is obvious they wanted to make the film more globally accessible, specifically America. If you are a fan of the original trilogy this will suffice but it is a step down. That said with the Swedish production value and Foy being excellent it is a very polished "generic hollywood action movie".

The lead really impressed me. It is obvious she respects the roles she takes and gives 100%. Clare Foy has the mannerisms and timing perfect so deserves to be Lisbeth again but with a totally Swedish production value and script. I suspect Foy would learn the Swedish needed for the script if that idea happened, very impressive stuff from Foy.

True fans of the original will role their eyes at one of the best film franchises ever made being bastardized by hollywood. Others will enjoy a well polished Hollywood blockbuster style flic with some decent grit sewed into it. It is much more focused on Salander and not the surrounding lore and characters, amplifies the action of the originals and trims character count down in a bad way imo.

Last edited:
Replicants - Keanu Reeves kitchen sink (literally) sci fi feature about the untapped potential of recreating the neurological pathways of the human mind against "Big Business." Guess which one is worse?

This film would have been a little more believable if Alice Eve wan't roughly 18 years younger than Keanu, mother of his 3 kids and simultaneously a medical doctor/hottest woman on the planet earth....Yet not having prematuraly aged a single friggin' day.

Keanu hits every Spielberg/Zemekesis "late career scientist blues" cliche there is. I wouldn't have minded but since the whole sick capitalist tale revolves around the family unit, you'd think they'd make this one more believable. Anyway, file under future late night watch when you're drunk.

Last edited:
By my definition, no, not at all.

What it is, is a simply brilliant film. Give it a go, mate.

sounds great mate but put it on last night and the sky warnings came up which put the wife in a tizz so had to turn it off

she's very flaky with any scenes of violence which are graphic, she just can' t get them out of her mind

i have to watch most decent films on my own

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.