Last Film You Saw

Thought I would watch Split before I watched glass ... wont be bothering with glass then
Bird box ... very average and wouldn't recommend

I mean try it if you like chaps but i would not pay to see this at the cinema. It is not a terrible movie, just inert and unnecessary. I am pretty sure most of you at the end will be "what?, why? what was the point?". That would underline the main reason this movie failed imo, it was 100% a vanity project, some sort of self validation effort that has not worked.

I do like the fact Shaylaman (not sure how you spell his name) has the attitude of "if i fail, fine, i will try harder". I just feel he is to thin skinned and delicate than is healthy for someone in his position. He does not really rant but it is pretty obvious to me he takes things to heart and over thinks stuff. I get the feeling he would make a better film if he was slightly tipsy throughout filming. Just enough to lose your inhibitions and relax a little, don't take yourself so seriously kinda thing. There is a director in him, he just needs to chill out. Stop trying to force art into films that do not lend themselves well to such an endeavour. Stay true to the universe you created and play to it's strengths.

I could be wrong though and he is just a super egotistical arse.

Escape Room

Like Saw without the gore. Not too bad, decent premise but let down with the last 20mns or so. Got quite silly to set up a 2nd film.

Super size me - bit dated now, but I’ve been wanting to see it for years.
(And having watched ‘The Founder’ a month or so ago...also very good)

Scarey how it takes just a couple of weeks for him to go from very healthy, to his doctors pleading with him to take vitamins and eat veg.
And then near the end, he’s only in a good mood when he’s eating/eaten McDonald’s.

Serenity...

I thought, with McConaughey's work in recent years, this could be half decent. It's not, its naff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.