Last Film You Saw

Watched 'Kill List' last night following a twice removed recommendation. Violent and strange, didn't really understand exactly what was going on...sort of turns into a 'Wicker Man' story half way through. Anyone else seen it ?

Watched 'Kill List' last night following a twice removed recommendation. Violent and strange, didn't really understand exactly what was going on...sort of turns into a 'Wicker Man' story half way through. Anyone else seen it ?
Yes the ending is a b@tsh!t crazy but to be expected when the director's Ben Wheatley. I do enjoy his films for the most part, Sightseers is a really dark horror comedy with some genuine laugh out loud moments, Down Terrace is a good thriller. His re-make of Rebecca that's just hit Netflix is meant to be a pile of steaming though.

Just trying to watch Independence Day: Resurgence, and i just can't do it. The first was a typical blockbuster but it had just enough substance to keep you emotionally invested somewhat. It also had a reasonably orginal feel to it. The trope is well trodden but it was still fresh enough.

This one is just devoid of anything the original had. There is the "China financed this film so pander to them" nonsense. I am not expecting Dead Mans Shoes level grit here but a bloody loreal model stepping out of a jet swishing her hair hammers home the tedious cash grab this film is. The actors are often annoying characterless voids with "one dimensional" stamped onto them.

The nostalgia factor with Brent Spinner and the cast they got back from the first is the only bit that stirs any emotion and even that is thin. The plot has holes in it bigger than the ones in my socks to boot, get it, boot, sock... ahh you misserable sods.

tl;dr Forgettable dross is what this is, shite!
The original was one of my favourites growing up. Had some charm and good action. Hits the nostalgia notes whenever ever I watch it as an adult.
Resurgence was a pile of dog turd. Absolutely horrendous.

Yes the ending is a b@tsh!t crazy but to be expected when the director's Ben Wheatley. I do enjoy his films for the most part, Sightseers is a really dark horror comedy with some genuine laugh out loud moments, Down Terrace is a good thriller. His re-make of Rebecca that's just hit Netflix is meant to be a pile of steaming though.
Thanks, will try those first two, to be honest he is someone I haven't heard of before this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.