Last Film You Saw

Downloaded it earlier on. I'll give it a go sometime in the next few days.
She's just so, ....

PL6N.gif

The Killing Fields. 8/10, although I dont mind admitting that Im not quite smart enough to understand what the war was all about, except that it was horrific. Such a tragedy that the lead actor went through that in real life, and was then murdered on Mulholland Drive.

The Killing Fields. 8/10, although I dont mind admitting that Im not quite smart enough to understand what the war was all about, except that it was horrific. Such a tragedy that the lead actor went through that in real life, and was then murdered on Mulholland Drive.
Basically Pol Pot and his cohorts were sick of the government and hated the educated, privileged and wealthy.

The Khmer Rouge wanted to take the country back to 'year zero' and start all over again. They forced the well off to leave therir homes and cities they lived in, and join communal farms, they were starved, beaten and murdered by the KR, nearly everybody that could speak a foreign language, worked for the previous rulers, or in the Cambodian armed forces, were executed. Even to the point that those who wore glasses, were done away with.

The nation produced 3x more rice than ever before, but the KR were selling it to China to buy more weapons with.All the while, their own citizens were dying from malnutrition. Around 2m of the population of 7.5-8m people, died.

I agree, very decent film, the book obviously goes into a lot more detail and is fantastic, so is a book called: When Broken Glass Floats, definitely worth reading.

Escape from Pretoria - Amazon Prime (Daniel Radcliffe, Daniel Webber) true story of a couple of white guys fighting the apartheid regime in S.Africa late 70's, that get caught and are imprisoned.

Not enough of a backstory to the pair before their arrests, but still a decent enough watch, if you look past some of the cringeworthy accents. 6.5/7 out of 10 for me.

Basically Pol Pot and his cohorts were sick of the government and hated the educated, privileged and wealthy.

The Khmer Rouge wanted to take the country back to 'year zero' and start all over again. They forced the well off to leave therir homes and cities they lived in, and join communal farms, they were starved, beaten and murdered by the KR, nearly everybody that could speak a foreign language, worked for the previous rulers, or in the Cambodian armed forces, were executed. Even to the point that those who wore glasses, were done away with.

The nation produced 3x more rice than ever before, but the KR were selling it to China to buy more weapons with.All the while, their own citizens were dying from malnutrition. Around 2m of the population of 7.5-8m people, died.

I agree, very decent film, the book obviously goes into a lot more detail and is fantastic, so is a book called: When Broken Glass Floats, definitely worth reading.
Thanks. I probably should have done a bit of research before watching.

Thanks. I probably should have done a bit of research before watching.
I watched the film first, it intrigued me, so I read up on a lot of it, then I visited Cambodia, and went to the places in and around Phnom Penh, such as Tuol Sleng (S-21) and Choung Ek, which is referred to as the killing fields. The country amazes me.

One of my favourite films. Bloody marvellous. Always gets me at the end. Blubber like a right big girl.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.