Last Film You Saw

Uncle Wally One Ball

Coming 2 America

Quite possibly the worst 'comedy' film I have ever seen. There wasnt a single part of it that was funny enough to raise a smile yet alone a laugh. Total utter wank, avoid at all costs

Magicpole

Team supported
Celtic
Coming 2 America

Quite possibly the worst 'comedy' film I have ever seen. There wasnt a single part of it that was funny enough to raise a smile yet alone a laugh. Total utter wank, avoid at all costs
The first one was abysmal. I only had to see ten seconds of the trailer to realise I would only watch it at gunpoint..

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
"The Father".

I'm pretty sure someone has already mentioned this film a couple of months back, but I didn't really absorb the review nor read up on this film as it had been on my list of things to watch.

It's interesting to see a film where British talent is standing on ceremony, as a supporting cast to the main man, Anthony Hopkins.

Knowing he's a terrific actor is one thing, but I think had this film been 10 years ago, he'd have ruined it and does come close to doing so on one occasion but, thankfully, Hopkins does dial things back and that allows the other actors to gently sail in his wake, rather than fight against his tide.

There's, also, the fact that I like Olivia Coleman, but she has a particular go-to mode of acting where she sleepwalks and I feel she could have played this role differently.

Anyway as someone who has worked briefly in an environment that had elements of this film, it answered quite a few questions I had, with not being able to imagine what things must be like for the other person. I felt, very much, out of sorts watching this film for a long time, it was that well done.

Very good film that doesn't quite reach the heights of brilliance for me, but if the Oscars haven't happened yet, I would think Hopkins has to be in the reckoning (Chad Boseman will win regardless).

I think this is my favourite performance from him.

forlorn hope

Six minutes to midnight - starring Judi Dench and Eddie Izzard about a Nazi girls school in Bexhill between the wars. Based on a true story, with some spies and skulduggery thrown in for good luck, it's quite a jolly romp and considering I can't normally stand Izzard, he was pretty good, so it was a harmless way to spend 90 minutes.

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
"Violation".

There's many aspects of this film that, together, leaves you wondering what box this sits in. The cinematography is wonderful at times interspersed with other cuts that make it unrelated, almost.

But then the storyline is interesting in how it's told. It's not unique, but it does have a different slant that makes you think especially as a male.

It's quite methodical in pacing, so don't expect to be swept away.

Still worth a watch, imo.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.