Last Film You Saw

2022s retelling of Steven Kings Firestarter, not usually a lover of Kings wonderful writings turned into movies but John Carpenter whilst offering no surprises brings a quality not usually seen in cross overs. Like i said nothing new here story wise but an enjoyable well made movie. 7-10 maybe higher if you have not read or seen a different telling

Lucy - sci fi action film staring Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman.

Absolutely terrible! I made it through roughly 40 minutes and gave up. Stupid plot; ridiculous attempt to provide justification for what eventually transpires to Johansson's character; obvious bloodshed and violence - just because.

I'm not squeamish; bloodshed and violence to prove a point and to hammer home narrative is a powerful theatrical tool - such as many of the scenes in Game of Thrones. Scenes of violence in Lucy were, by contrast, contrived, not shocking or scary at all, and were transparently over-the-top.

Stopped watching this train wreck after 40 min.

Human Traffic.
I'm so glad I was never involved in this culture growing up, what a bunch of undesirables.
BUT one of the very best soundtracks I've ever heard, so film 2/10, soundtrack 10/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.