Last Film You Saw

The Outlaw Josey Wales is on Dave now. If you haven't seen it before, do yourself a favour and watch it. Brilliant film.
"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining".

The Outlaw Josey Wales is on Dave now. If you haven't seen it before, do yourself a favour and watch it. Brilliant film.
"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining".

Yes another excellent Eastwood classic. I also enjoyed Gran Torino. Worth a watch

A Silent Voice

A very powerful film about a young boy (Shoya Ishida) who bullies his deaf classmate (Shoko Nishimiya), along with his friends when they're at elementary school. As the bullying persists Nishimiya eventually transfers to another school and Ishida's friends and fellow classmates blame him for bullying her, hoping to use him as a scapegoat. The story follows Ishida as he goes through high school now ostracised and bullied himself, and now contemplating suicide a number of times, until he reunites with Nishimiya, who he realises is still shy and suffering from the bullying from their past. Realising that they are both suffering from his past he sets himself on a path of redemption by reconnecting Nishimiya with her old classmates!

I've seen many films/tv shows that follow bully victims and how they're effected in life, but this is the first time I've seen one as powerful as this, about the victim and the bully themselves going through the same motions! Although not without its flaws, and a few cut sub-plots from the original transcript, it's still a film powerful enough to remember and even ponder over at the end, some people may even draw their own conclusions and life lessons from it.

9/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.