Last Film You Saw

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FantasyIreland, 23 Mar 2014.

1. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

The new IT. Pennywise has teeth like bugs bunny a voice like scooby-doo and a head like Vincent Kompany. No where near as good as chapter 1 of the first film (1990). Tim Curry’s pennywise is far superior to this version. I did like some of the child actors, 6.2/10.

2. Vic

Vic

The Killing of a Sacred Deer. Now that's some weird film. Hard to explain too without giving anything away. If you thought Hannibal Lecter and Norman Bates were good portrayals of psychopaths then you need to see Barry Keoghan in this. Beyond creepy.

Last edited: 7 Nov 2017
  3. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

It’s more of a comedy, shite film.

4. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

6 Days

7/10 - A decent enough dramatisation of the Iranian Embassy siege.Plenty of familiar British faces in the roles.

5. MaineDAWG2008

MaineDAWG2008

Lion ..... Wowsers!

6. hightimes

hightimes

The purge

I was a bit disappointed

7. Bigga

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
    ... and made by New Zealand...

8. TCIB

TCIB

American Made - Not bad, still not a patch on Narcos for tv/movies on that subject albeit a different angle.

9. uwe rosler 28

uwe rosler 28

Also watched American made last night excellent watch even though it was a tab predictable.

10. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

OK ish. Really terrible plot, but I don't suppose there's much they can do about that, since it's a terrible book and the plot is terrible.

However, my overriding impressions were:

1. Kenneth Branagh isn't half as good as he thinks he is. There's a sort of luvvies' emperor's new clothes thing going on with him. He's an institution and everyone says "isn't he just marvellous darling", whilst actually thinking, "I can't understand what all the fuss is about, I think he's a bit shit really." His acting is iffy at best and his Belgian accent diabolical in parts.

2. They spent all their money on the cast and had none left to spend on the train. Anyone who's been on the orient express will know just how beautiful it is, with the Lalique chandeliers and glass panels, the inlaid woods and beautiful marquetry, the crockery and glassware. But no, they just got an old railway carriage and a bit of plywood and painted orient express on the side. Really naff. They didn't even bother getting the correct wine glasses FFS. Doubtless they figured only 0.001% of the audience have every actually travelled on it, so why bother. But really they should have tried harder.

3. What was the point? The film added nothing on the 1974 film, and In fact was worse. They could have just re-run the 1974 version and saved themselves £50m.

What the actual orient express is like:
    [​IMG]

What Branagh managed after the money ran out
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Nov 2017