Last Film You Saw

"Child of God".

Came cross this film by accident. It happened to be dumped in another film file on Kodi with the word 'child' in it.

Based on a novel and directed by James Franco, I thought it was quite ambitious and very impressive. Some elements just worked and other bits let the film down, but that was a minor complaint in seeing the film's ambition.

The lead actor blew me away and without him, this film would have been a total wash!

Having said that, it's a real marmite of a film and I can see why people didn't like it; mental illness is quite difficult to portray on film without going all hammy.

I think this succeeds where others fail.

Blazing Saddles.

Funny. Very funny. Laugh out loud funny.

8.4/10

Richard Prior was supposed to play Bart(or so I read once upon a time) "Dare I say It" "Dare, Dare" The only time i think another actor at Wilder's side could have done it better than Prior was in this film.

Blazing Sadles, Silver Streak and Stir Crazy...The only VHS with DO NOT TAPE OVER on in my collection

Richard Prior was supposed to play Bart(or so I read once upon a time) "Dare I say It" "Dare, Dare" The only time i think another actor at Wilder's side could have done it better than Prior was in this film.

Blazing Sadles, Silver Streak and Stir Crazy...The only VHS with DO NOT TAPE OVER on in my collection

So many lines that I couldn't quote on here. Very, very funny lines. I loved Wilder in this. And Wonka obviously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.