Last Film You Saw

Uncut Gems 7/10

As others have said it is very shouty, but get past that and you see Adam Sandler give a great performance, possibly a career high. His character is always chasing his tail to get the next deal done and pay for the last one. Talking of tail, his girlfriend is one hot mamma, pics already posted before on here and the ending is surprising, reminded me of the end of Ozark S3.

Been watching the James Bond old movies in order.

Roger Moore's films have aged so badly. He always had a flippant manner to his acting but the films, especially Moonraker, look like a low budget parody of James Bond. The gadgets, effects and villains even are so silly.

Tim Dalton's movies are much better to watch now. I guess after so long of the public having a granddad playing Bond, Dalton bringing the character back to how the books described him was too much change too soon.
Ha me too. Bond season on itv1/4 for a few months now, so introduced my 6 year old son to them. He absolutely loves them. Just got the last 2 Brosnan films to watch, my sky q box is now crammed with Bond films.

Couple of Scandinavian films popped up on Prime for me recently and they were excellent.
Aniara, a Sci-fi movie that stayed with me long after watching it and The Unthinkable, a belting action movie with some amazing camera work and a wee twist.

Highly recommended if your into either genre.

Just finished watching Waterloo, absolute cracker of a film.

This one?
65902a0878a25a7e76a14c0d85a9ffe7.jpg

the seven samurai , akira kurosawa , last time I watched this was about 20 years ago , it's still up there with the best 9/10

I watched Kurosawa’s High and Low yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s a gripping police procedural thriller with some memorable scenes set in the seedier parts of Yokohama.

If there is anyone reading this post who likes samurai movies, Masaki Kobayashi’s Harakiri is by far the best one ever made for my money.

Here is an edited extract from an online review:

‘Kobayashi's direction of this elegant wide-screen epic may seem to be stodgy and talky at times, but the tale it tells will curdle the marrow of your bones. Even though there is relatively little swordplay for most of the movie, it is one of the greatest of all the samurai films. No Jacobean revenge tragedy by Cyril Tourneur or John Webster can hold a candle to it in its ferocity.’

Recently watched Cinema Paradiso (again) simply amazing how they captured the period the film was set in. Also a reminder that sometimes
you have to leave your comfort zone and surroundings to pursue goals/dreams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.