Last Film You Saw

Just trying to watch Independence Day: Resurgence, and i just can't do it. The first was a typical blockbuster but it had just enough substance to keep you emotionally invested somewhat. It also had a reasonably orginal feel to it. The trope is well trodden but it was still fresh enough.

This one is just devoid of anything the original had. There is the "China financed this film so pander to them" nonsense. I am not expecting Dead Mans Shoes level grit here but a bloody loreal model stepping out of a jet swishing her hair hammers home the tedious cash grab this film is. The actors are often annoying characterless voids with "one dimensional" stamped onto them.

The nostalgia factor with Brent Spinner and the cast they got back from the first is the only bit that stirs any emotion and even that is thin. The plot has holes in it bigger than the ones in my socks to boot, get it, boot, sock... ahh you misserable sods.

tl;dr Forgettable dross is what this is, shite!
Tried to watch that last night, what an absolute pile of shite. Every copy should be torched.

Just spent a week smashing the marvel films on Disney. Mixed bag, some are shite, hand full are just magnificent, the last 2 avenger films are awesome, but the winner goes to Thor: ragnarok. Great action and so funny. Directed by Taika Waititi. What a legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.