Last Film You Saw

A "tax collector" working for a local crime lord finds his family's safety compromised when the rival of his boss shows up in L.A. and upends the business..

images (14).jpeg
If you've got nowt to do,it will pass 1hr+
Watchable 6/10

Yeah, she wasn't at all liekable, and the whole issue of her being there was pretty poorly handled.

If it came from Lord of the Flies, it's unrecognisable as such.
I've seen that film and its nothing like Lord of the Flies.

I actually enjoyed it as a mindless throw away movie. Dont try looking for any deeper meaning.

It's an awful film, especially if it truly takes its cue from the brilliant 'Lord of the Flies'.

Totally misses the point of the the 'them and us' deduction.

I don't think I've ever seen such a bad version of the book's inspiration.
Sorry my bad Bigga and you can now relax as I actually meant Animal Farm. A maybe tongue in cheeky approach that wooshed over the audiences heads but I thought the cameo performance by that piglet was beyond the superlative and like true movie affieciandos we both latched on immediatly to what the director was espousing. The poorly-run Manor Farm became ripened for rebellion from its animal populace by neglect at the hands of the irresponsible and alcoholic farmer, mr jones. Again apologies for my Faux- Pax however I did indeed vote for lord of the flies and it should be getting a mention in the book thread anytime soon. The Hunted was a very good watch and certainly better than the Hungry Games genre.

The King Of New York

The soundtrack kicks.

The stylised visuals of 90s New York are off the scale.

The story hints at the true extent of the corruption of NY, and the film clearly captures a moment in time extremely well. But it boils down to mindless ridiculously poorly staged over-stylised gunfights and inane, awkward hagiography of mob life that doesn't ring true. Every bad 90s gangster cliche seems to have originated here.

I guess it's trying to do for NY what John Woo did for Tokyo Crime Films, but, nah.... I'm still calling this film an utter abomination. Chris Walken's incredibly awkward dance in the first ten minutes sets the tone.

The chemistry is just all wrong, although it might be a bit different if you had a big enough pile of fine-ass coke. Maybe that's the point. They even sped up the songs on the soundtrack towards the end.

Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2, love them both but I'll go against the grain and say I prefer the first one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.