Last Film You Saw

I tried "Coming to America 2" on Friday night, I really tried. Couldn't get through more than 30 minutes.

Decided to watch "SAS: Red Notice" instead. Just as bad. Imagine Die Hard with Prince William as the lead character.

"Cherry"

After a night of digesting this film, I've come to conclusion that the Russo Brothers are not infallible. They had, what seemed, an interesting story to tell... but they didn't know how to tell it.

Firstly, their choices of leads didn't sell me and made me understand the acting limitations of one, in particular.

Secondly, I didn't feel I rooted for anyone nor felt any sympathy.

With that said, there's a film in there somewhere and because it's straddling two positions (and mastering neither), someone may get something out of it.
Watched cherry yesterday and couldnt agree more with your critique. There is a decent story in the making, the mood of the film was spot on and the subject matter also interesting, but average acting esp. By the female lead and the rehabilitation process just unbeliveable. Still enjoyed the film but could have been alot better.

Prisoners

Keller Dover (Hugh Jackman) faces a parent's worst nightmare when his 6-year-old daughter, Anna, and her friend go missing. The only lead is an old motorhome that had been parked on their street. The head of the investigation, Detective Loki (Jake Gyllenhaal), arrests the driver (Paul Dano), but a lack of evidence forces Loki to release his only suspect. Dover, knowing that his daughter's life is at stake, decides that he has no choice but to take matters into his own hands.

A very harrowing watch that will keep you hypnotised to the screen. The film simply refuses to ease up sucking you in at a frenetic pace. It's tense, it's dramatic, its disturbing, it's gritty and all with a cast that ply their chosen craft well!
Liam neilson, you may know how to kill, but you have not got a scooby-doo on the merits of child retrieval in a backwater Pennsylvanian hood. A mention in dispatches if i may to paul danno for his sterling performance and also the detective in charge for his dogged devotion to duty. A few small nuances stopped us awarding full marks but nothing to write about.

Hope you like it and we scored it 8.75 out of ten

Last edited:
JL Snyder cut, 4 hours of a great film, completely different to the crap before it, and it definetley needs a sequel 8.5/10 for me.

Does it really make that much of a difference? Justice League is one of the few films I wasn’t able to make it all the way through due to how fucking awful it was. Bit dubious about giving it another chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.