Last Film You Saw

Justice League Snyder Cut
Definitely an improvement on the original and kept my attention even at 4 hours.
I enjoy the genre and it has opened up a lot of possibilities moving forward.
The problem I have with DC is that unlike the Marvel movies I do not feel an emotional attachment to any of the characters, not sure if this is the writing or actors, maybe a little of both

Have not watched myself, but someone I know has seen it and has the opinion that whedon actually had some decent ideas. For example the Russian family actually added some tension into the final sequence. Also the cool bit with superman flying the building full of people is gone. Also gone is the batman and flash pep talk. My friend has come to the conclusion that if Whedon had more time and money he would have made a better version than Snyder

Have not watched myself, but someone I know has seen it and has the opinion that whedon actually had some decent ideas. For example the Russian family actually added some tension into the final sequence. Also the cool bit with superman flying the building full of people is gone. Also gone is the batman and flash pep talk. My friend has come to the conclusion that if Whedon had more time and money he would have made a better version than Snyder

If you haven't watched either, you should. Take time out on Fri-Sun to watch it and compare; form your own opinion.

Here's what you should ask your friend when you do... How does it work for a 'Superman-saves-the-day' scene for him(and 'Flash') to save people already living in a Chernobyl type disaster area...?

And Whedon SPENT money chopping, changing and re-shooting scenes, so he had had the budget he needed to tone it down and make it more 'comedic'.
As for the 'Wayne'/ 'Allen' pep talk, well it just underlined how pathetic and weasley Whedon made 'Flash' and he's anything but. Goofy, sure but 'weak', he is not and never has been.

Honestly, I was underwhelmed with the 'Josstice League' Whedon film and re-watching it after the Snyder cut, just underlines how really childish some of the writing was, in comparison. I mean, embarrassingly so.

Anyway, watch it yourself and see what all the fuss is about.

Snyder Cut:
It's a while since I saw the first release, but I have a recollection of giant pink crystal tentacles spewing out of the ground towards the end. They are happily gone (if they were indeed more than figments of my imagination). Also gone is the lassoing of Bruce Wayne, which while funny, didn't seem very Wonder Woman-esque.

The new version isn't perfect - it could have been thinned out, there's a little too much slow-mo panning of Heroic Posing, some of the music choices jarred for me - but there's a story there which makes sense. I didn't mind the comic book style movement mostly, although it was a little overused again. Not perfect, but much better as a piece.

No chance, he ignored a lot of the good bits the Snyder had and just made it into a complete mess. I'm positive that even with the 2hr run time that Whedon had, Snyder would have done a better job as it was his vision that he'd built up through other films as well. Whedon had a bad time with Age of Ultron, he tried to make this some kind of clapback to Avengers and it just isn't anything like that, the characters and the storylines are different, although obvious comparisons can be made.

Watching Captain America 'The First Avenger' at the moment. Enjoying the timeframe of WW2 with some excellent attention to uniform detail. But my gosh, doesn't Hayley Atwell give it some controlled sass, I think I've found a new guilty pleasure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.