Last Film You Saw

Divorcing Jack. I read the book years ago and this popped up on either Netflix or Prime. Funny in parts, ok plot (in the book I remember it being more complex) and some real stand out scenes. 6.5 out of 10 if you like crime/comedy/thriller type films

Origins: Rise of the Footsoldier

Yes it's full of 'facking Kant'
That's the 'film' (yes I do use that word loosely) that bizarrely they allowed them to film crowd scenes at Southend Uniteds ground at the time that last season all crowds were banned from watching matches in grounds in the country!

Eyes Wide Shut

Second time watching this film. Its in my top 10 films. Kubrick is the fucking master. (well one of them).
Im not a fan of Tom Cruise or Nicole Kidman but I have to admit they were good in this.
Its weird, its strange, its tense (especially the Summerton House scenes)
4 years in the making. And I believe Kubrick had Tom walk through a door 95 times till he was happy with the take. :)
I wont go into the story, its too involved, plenty of tits though.

9/10

Cry Macho

Another superb offering from Clint Eastwood, superb directing and acting.
A wonderfully relaxed well paced film that draws you in completely I really loved it.
I believe he wanted to make this film since the 80s but didn't feel he was old enough.

8/10

The Pianist
Took me nearly 20 years to be able to watch it, mainly because I never had the opportunity, and glad I did.
Brody is outstanding, well deserving of the Oscar he received. And I didn't realise, until the credits rolled, that it's a Polanski film. Plus, having been recently to Berlin and visited the Holocaust remembrance museum there, it reminded me of the film footage of Warsaw that we saw on that visit. The destruction was almost unbelievable, and that anyone could survive there was almost beyond belief. Testament to man's ability to survive and also the kindness and selflessness of the few who helped them.
10/10

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.