Last Film You Saw

Where did you watch this mate?

Hi, sorry, I just saw this.

I have Kodi and tend to watch these things on there.

However, for this film as I wanted to keep it, not stream it, I visited the D/L YIFY site. Don't, if you question the morality of such things, however you can find almost any genre of film on there, from kids to adults.

"The Green Knight"

Such an interesting film. Probably going to have to see it more than once. Character and mythology based, Dev Patel really has found a spot he suits as an actor. Everything he did was just the right amount of.

It's a jarring film in many ways when you're trying to blot out the usual tropes of what a 'ye olde daye' myth is supposed to look like, but for me that helps the film along.

The cinematography blows you away and almost every single shot has a purpose, like a story within itself.

If you're a fan of offbeat film making then try no further than this one.

I REALLY like the bravery of this film.

Waited to see this at the pics so late to it, caught it at Home cinema last week.

Haven't stopped thinking about it since.

Fantastic, most immersive film I think I've ever seen, felt like you could smell it.

Like you say very very brave to make him a layabout/coward and not have 1 sword fight or real action sequence.

Hopefully to see more Arthurian/Medieval stuff done like this without over the top action, cheesy dialogue or "a romp"

Can't believe it was done on a budget of £15m one of the best looking films I've watched.

Waited to see this at the pics so late to it, caught it at Home cinema last week.

Haven't stopped thinking about it since.

Fantastic, most immersive film I think I've ever seen, felt like you could smell it.

Like you say very very brave to make him a layabout/coward and not have 1 sword fight or real action sequence.

Hopefully to see more Arthurian/Medieval stuff done like this without over the top action, cheesy dialogue or "a romp"

Can't believe it was done on a budget of £15m one of the best looking films I've watched.

$15M??

That's just shocking and just makes me think the Hollywood industry is just a HUGE scam. Money > art of film making, obviously, but's just blatant in budget differences.

Rented The Father. Hadn't seen Hopkins for a while (not since Westworld). I never cease to be amazed how the guy gets so much communication out of the tiniest movements of his head and eyes, the tiniest pauses in his phrasing. Anybody else it would seem artificial. Don't know how he does it.
And old as he is, he still somehow looks physically powerful.
At one point he does go a bit “Hannibal Lecter with Alzheimer's”. Amusing.

Rented The Father. Hadn't seen Hopkins for a while (not since Westworld). I never cease to be amazed how the guy gets so much communication out of the tiniest movements of his head and eyes, the tiniest pauses in his phrasing. Anybody else it would seem artificial. Don't know how he does it.
Agree with you mate, absolutely superb actor. I do feel though he tainted his reputation taking on parts in some very shite films. One of the greats though, and seems very humble in his lifestyle etc.

For me, when I wrote about my review, I think I said I couldn't remember him in a better role.

Every annoying thing he usually does was dialled down and, rather than being larger than life, he let other actors share the screen.

An important action making this my favourite of all his films.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.