Last Film You Saw

Watched Greyhound, about Tom Hanks' characters first run at captain of a convey of ships during WW2. Was ok, no idea what was going on in the ship with their callouts but i guess thats to keep authenticity. I also didn't feel anything for Hanks' character, or indeed really any of the characters because there was little development of them. Stephen Graham doing his standard American accent from New York, as well.

5/10

Becoming Cousteau - So good, watching his TV "adventures" in the early 70's is such a vivid memory. Great man, great film/documentary - 8/10​

Give My Regards to Broad Street

What a pile of poo
But the musical performances are good

What an absolute dump London was in the early 80s
But it had a soul

am sure someone has already commented on Operation Mincemeat - all very worthy but not a patch on the original -

The man who never was - a well crafted film where everything feeds into the story

do yourself a favour and check it out

I've decided that I am going to work my way through all of Mike Leighs films, many of which I have seen already. I have just watched 'Naked' (1993). Basically the story of an apparently nihilistic Mancunian adrift in London. It is a tough watch at times (not boring but unpleasant in a voyeuristic way) and there were some points where I nearly gave up. Not everyones cup of tea but a wonderful film nonetheless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.