Last Film You Saw

Prey

Given the crap that has come before it in the Predator franchise this is a breathe of fresh air. It certainly touches heavily on the first without being a straight copy. It brings fresh ideas to a franchise that was dying because hollywood is bloody shit all to often, The Predator anyone?. Good pacing, nice cinematography and the action is not bad.

I will give this a 8.5. Not totally due to just the film but the fact it needed moving away from the awful 2018 movie, seriously who the fuck thought that was a good idea to release! It has given the franchise some breathing room to possibly carry on. Another like the 2018 movie and this franchise was going to be dead for at least 10 years, nobody would touch that.

Like Mayor West say's the new look Predator is not my cup of tea but i know the lore and that the different clans can differ in looks. It fits the lore so i am at peace with how this Predator looks.

It is never going to beat the original but it certainly does the Predator universe justice.

I thought prey was a pretty pointless film, and the original Predator would be in my top 10, not the worst though I suppose 5/10

13 Lives - excellent, streaming now on Amazon Prime, about the North Thailand cave rescue of boys football team, with a good cast to boot 9/10

"Prey"

My favourite out of all the 'Predator' films. As well written as it could have been for a film in that time period. I'm very glad the writers didn't 'Mary Sue' Midthunder's 'Naru' character in a massive way, just made her super determined who pushes her luck. Her co-star, Beavers' 'Taabe' balances out her performance with respect to that determination. Very good dynamic.

I've noticed the complaints about the 'Predator' not being the one people remember. This is set 400 years ago and the aliens learned and adapted as they went on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.