Last game: will we see the League cup?

I don't see why not

Going forward I expect a successful season to be represented by a title challenge and to win any number of cups. A few factors can derail the title challenge ( and we've experienced all of them this season!) but to be in there challenging each season is a must. On that basis we will win it enough times.

Any Cup is a bonus and I think they should be paraded at the end of the season.

moon said:
Hope the stadium isn't half empty like last season
It will be if they take as long to re-appear. The piss-up and breweries department is still fully functioning at City.
A quick swig of energy drink then back out on the pitch and the lap will be supported, anything else will have the fans leaving in droves.

East Level 2 said:
moon said:
It will be if they take as long to re-appear. The piss-up and breweries department is still fully functioning at City.
A quick swig of energy drink then back out on the pitch and the lap will be supported, anything else will have the fans leaving in droves.

In one.
Unless Liverpool feck up and we do something exceptional (both have to take place), when they can take as long as they like.

For me it will be like the bullseye moment when they draw back the curtain "this is what you could have won " you won this when in reality you had a fantastic chance of winning that !!

East Level 2 said:
moon said:

My thoughts exactly.

I have stayed behind every season (since Maine Road days) and I stayed behind last season because I was quite proud of the lads for finishing second even though the Rags had wone the league comfortably.

The reason why I won't be staying behind this season is because I had to wait while the player WAGS and small children made their way to the tunnel. And, then watch the squad walk round the pitch not giving two fucks. Not forgetting that the white banner was fucking shite!

So they can get to fuck this season if they are gone more than five minutes.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Hasn't taken long for some supporters to think the Lge Cup isn't worth winning. Tell that to the 40000 that forked out £100s to go and watch the Final, it's there along side the 1970 and 1976 Finals on our honours list so those that don't think it means anything next time you see any of our great Players in City Sq just go and tell them and see what their reaction is.
We have won a trophy end of and with lots of Lady Luck we will win another on the last day.
Like many others I forked out money to go to Wembley to see us lose the charity shield and then more money to go to Villa Park to win it. Not sure what your point is to be honest.

As for asking our great players what it means to then what if we ask Yaya where the trophy ranks in his collection of league, CL & cup medals

Paulmcfc2703 said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
Hasn't taken long for some supporters to think the Lge Cup isn't worth winning. Tell that to the 40000 that forked out £100s to go and watch the Final, it's there along side the 1970 and 1976 Finals on our honours list so those that don't think it means anything next time you see any of our great Players in City Sq just go and tell them and see what their reaction is.
We have won a trophy end of and with lots of Lady Luck we will win another on the last day.
Like many others I forked out money to go to Wembley to see us lose the charity shield and then more money to go to Villa Park to win it. Not sure what your point is to be honest.

As for asking our great players what it means to then what if we ask Yaya where the trophy ranks in his collection of league, CL & cup medals
As you bring yaya up from memory he managed to do a lap of the centre circle last year !

mrtwiceaseason said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:

As you bring yaya up from memory he managed to do a lap of the centre circle last year !

TBH I think he was referring to past players like Tueart or Barnes etc, and the reaction you may get if you thought their 76 achievement was trifling. I agree that the club need to get the show on the road sharpish after the whistle. No reason why the players need to even leave the pitch. Give em the Cup and an isotonic drink and tell em to go and acknowledge the supporters and look like they mean it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.