Last Night Of The Proms

Ifwecouldjust.......

So it turns out they were never getting scrapped , just being played as instrumentals this year because of no audience there and the difficulty of getting the right singers through a digital platform.

As always a sunday paper had fuck all to write about so stirred up shite for headlines, why is it always the sunday editions that like to have contraversial scoops

The Tories are gaslighting (again) .... they are distracting you with this nonsense whilst they plan to increase your retirement age to 75 and steal your pension.

Ban-jani

The Tories are gaslighting (again) .... they are distracting you with this nonsense whilst they plan to increase your retirement age to 75 and steal your pension.
I genuinely think you need help.

The Tories didn’t even initially mention it, it was the Sunday Times who ran the article.

I thought you may have taken a backseat on Tory conspiracies after your claims Johnson wasnt with his mrs were shown to be total bollocks, but no, here you go again.

At least this time you’re not peddling stories about his baby.

Last edited:
B

blueinsa

So many threads for you in the political forum yet here you are, in off topic, on a thread about the Proms and you cant help yourself.

Mon Autre

So it turns out they were never getting scrapped , just being played as instrumentals this year because of no audience there and the difficulty of getting the right singers through a digital platform.

As always a sunday paper had fuck all to write about so stirred up shite for headlines, why is it always the sunday editions that like to have contraversial scoops

I've tried to ignore this whole story on the basis it seemed a whole fuss about nothing but it's mind boggling that the debate still seems to be raging on about it this morning.

Still, it serves as a good reminder that whatever they try and tell you, nobody loves imagined outrage and cancel culture more than those on the right.

B

blueinsa

It's a nothing story now the little battle to get the songs banned has been lost i see........time to move on..........

Ban-jani

I've tried to ignore this whole story on the basis it seemed a whole fuss about nothing but it's mind boggling that the debate still seems to be raging on about it this morning.

Still, it serves as a good reminder that whatever they try and tell you, nobody loves imagined outrage and cancel culture more than those on the right.
Funny really, it was the media, including the bastion of social justice, the Guardian, who reported it and we’ve had pages on this thread from posters justifying why they should be binned.

B

blueinsa

None are arsed....its not even a story.....

BrianW

Team supported
There's Only One City
A part of me quite likes Rule Britannia as a song. If you study the words, it isn't actually a boast (which many/most people think) it's more like advice on naval policy.

It is however more a nostalgia fest than anything. We barely have a Navy any more due to cuts implemented by - oh, the Tories. (Not Corbyn.) We don't "rule the waves" and haven't for a very long time. We might as well sing about how our traction engines are the best in the world.

I don't really "get" how anyone thinks it's racist. The argument of the song is that the Navy keeps us safe from invaders. Which it did at the time. It's not about making others slaves. It does admittedly then go on to do a bit of imperialistic dreaming - which again is outdated, and (arguably) offensive to some.

Finally, not one person in 100 knows the full words.

There are things to "go to Jerusalem" about. This is not one of them.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.