Last Seasons Team>This Seasons Team

Freestyler

Don't care what anyone says, we've weakened and that's not good.

We've no longer got a midfield, we have Natastic who is good in defence and is better than Savic, but should never be playing in games like last night.

All season we've been run over time and time again, Arsenal and QPR played with no width and both of them turned us over down the centre. Even Southampton...

The persistent changing of formation leaves the players not understanding what to do. Last night is what the season has been like all season, and soon were gonna get a spanking and we won't get away with it.

Sold De Jong, should of offered him more and not bought anyone. THE BEST player in the world for that position, and last night is our downfall. It's a disgrace we sold him, and i said he would be the difference in the CL.

Won't speak about Mancini, last night was embarrasing and the tactics and subs were baffling. He's learnt absolutely fuck all from last season, under Mancini we'll never progress in Europe. That was the exact reason Inter Milan sacked him.

Every game the players don't know what to play or where, no consistency in the side. No partnerships being created. We look like 11 new players, who just met each other for the first time before Kick-off.

I believe not one of our signings this summer, was even on Mancini's wishlist, he's panic bought with a few and his signings can't play the formation he uses. Drop the 3-5-2 bollocks, no manager will win anything in Europe or the England playing that formation for as long as i live.The last 25 minutes last night was a disgrace, it was like Stuart Pearce in 2006. Yaya Toure lumped it forward 8 times in 15 minutes, enough said.

I don't mind if we struggle and at least compete in the Champions League. But were not, we've gone BACKWARDS which is worrying. That's down to management...

Freestyler said:

We've no longer got a midfield, we have Natastic who is good in defence and is better than Savic, but should never be playing in games like last night.

All season we've been run over time and time again, Arsenal and QPR played with no width and both of them turned us over down the centre. Even Southampton...

The persistent changing of formation leaves the players not understanding what to do. Last night is what the season has been like all season, and soon were gonna get a spanking and we won't get away with it.

Sold De Jong, should of offered him more and not bought anyone. THE BEST player in the world for that position, and last night is our downfall. It's a disgrace we sold him, and i said he would be the difference in the CL.

Won't speak about Mancini, last night was embarrasing and the tactics and subs were baffling. He's learnt absolutely fuck all from last season, under Mancini we'll never progress in Europe. That was the exact reason Inter Milan sacked him.

Every game the players don't know what to play or where, no consistency in the side. No partnerships being created. We look like 11 new players, who just met each other for the first time before Kick-off.

I believe not one of our signings this summer, was even on Mancini's wishlist, he's panic bought with a few and his signings can't play the formation he uses. Drop the 3-5-2 bollocks, no manager will win anything in Europe or the England playing that formation for as long as i live.The last 25 minutes last night was a disgrace, it was like Stuart Pearce in 2006. Yaya Toure lumped it forward 8 times in 15 minutes, enough said.

I don't mind if we struggle and at least compete in the Champions League. But were not, we've gone BACKWARDS which is worrying. That's down to management...

Correct me if I'm wrong but we drew yesterday and only just missed out on getting something in Madrid. Is that not competing but struggling?

SteWadda said:
Freestyler said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but we drew yesterday and only just missed out on getting something in Madrid. Is that not competing but struggling?

We didn't compete last night or at Madrid. We got away with absolute murder.

If it wasn't for Joe Hart last night and against Madrid it would of been:

Madrid 9-2 City
City 2-11 Dortmund

I want to disagree but can't.

Maicon is past it, Garcia looks slower than Barry, Sinclair never had it, Rodwell might come good but has cost us 2 goals with his sloppy passing, Zaba is never a wing back in a 3-4-1-2/3-5-2, Milner should have played against Arsenal, Stoke and should have come on last night.

Freestyler said:
SteWadda said:
Freestyler said:

We didn't compete last night or at Madrid. We got away with absolute murder.

If it wasn't for Joe Hart last night and against Madrid it would of been:

Madrid 9-2 City
City 2-11 Dortmund

This.

We are no where near competing with the likes of Madrid or Dortmund to the capabilities that we are capable of. With the players we have got we should be putting up a decent fight, I dont personally think it is the players because most of them would get in any team in the world, but for me its the tactics.

We have supposedly the third best team in the world according to all these stat pages yet we look like a Premiership mid table team when coming up againt world class competition.

SteWadda said:
Freestyler said:

Are you oblivious to the fact that we have been struggling all season?

Freestyler said:

Agree with a lot of what you say mate. The point about De Jong is an interesting one. There is NO DOUBT we miss him. But I think we are all guilty of overstating just how much we miss him, myself included. It is easy to say De Jong would have helped last night, I have been saying it all day. But if we really think about it, how often did De Jong play last season; he was by no means a guaranteed starter- didn't feature at all in the 6-1 for example. In the 2-0 against Newcastle he came on and helped change the game by giving Yaya the licence to get forward, but he wasn't a starter for us.

We hugely miss him, he was the enforcer, helped the defence, and a big game player, BUT I think it is far too simple to say it's de jong. (not that you did). I think the problem is far more deep rooted than that at the moment.

dancity19 said:
Freestyler said:

Agree with a lot of what you say mate. The point about De Jong is an interesting one. There is NO DOUBT we miss him. But I think we are all guilty of overstating just how much we miss him, myself included. It is easy to say De Jong would have helped last night, I have been saying it all day. But if we really think about it, how often did De Jong play last season; he was by no means a guaranteed starter- didn't feature at all in the 6-1 for example. In the 2-0 against Newcastle he came on and helped change the game by giving Yaya the licence to get forward, but he wasn't a starter for us.

We hugely miss him, he was the enforcer, helped the defence, and a big game player, BUT I think it is far too simple to say it's de jong. (not that you did). I think the problem is far more deep rooted than that at the moment.

I agree, it's not all about De Jong and it doesn't work around him.

But my point with that is our midfield is non existent and that's where the game is loss. The thing with De Jong is he is a big game player, last night had his name written all over it and he would of thrived in that sort of match.

The changing of formation and no consistency is the reason, but one of the main highlights in every single game since the start of the season is our lack of presence in midfield. We have missed barry, but i'd have De Jong over over Garcia and Rodwell. We didn't even need to buy in that position, but we did and we sold our best holding player and never replaced which is my point and what angers me. prime example was selling johnson before wrapping up sinclair, and even though we got him he's no better.

Freestyler said:
dancity19 said:
Freestyler said:

I agree, it's not all about De Jong and it doesn't work around him.

But my point with that is our midfield is non existent and that's where the game is loss. The thing with De Jong is he is a big game player, last night had his name written all over it and he would of thrived in that sort of match.

The changing of formation and no consistency is the reason, but one of the main highlights in every single game since the start of the season is our lack of presence in midfield. We have missed barry, but i'd have De Jong over over Garcia and Rodwell. We didn't even need to buy in that position, but we did and we sold our best holding player and never replaced which is my point and what angers me. prime example was selling johnson before wrapping up sinclair, and even though we got him he's no better.

Not much I can add to that. I agree with basically everything you have said. We have been overrun in midfield in every game, which simply never happened last season. Won't write Garcia off just yet, but not sure he is an upgrade on De Jong.

What is true though, is the players, on the whole, are not performing to the level they were last season- that needs rectifying.

agreed we're not great at the moment,but just accept we are in a tough group,
the winner of the whole compitition will come from this group.

we may or may not get out of this group,but theres one thing i do know, Chelsea,Arsenal and Utd would be heading for Europa if they were in with this quality.

as for the league we're not playing the flowing football of this time last year but it will come when we settle.
If we win saturday we are 2 pts better off against the same opposition last year,if we continue like that we will be champions again and that will do for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.