Last years xmas booze

prestonibbo_mcfc

Sell by dates.

Me and the lass are just finally drinking last xmas booze ready for this years stock up.
I must say it's matured nicely, though I don't know if the sell by date matters on alcohol.
I always thought the older the better (booze that is). Just for your info we're
having port, whisky ( grouse) and Baileys.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Sell by dates.

Me and the lass are just finally drinking last xmas booze ready for this years stock up.
I must say it's matured nicely, though I don't know if the sell by date matters on alcohol.
I always thought the older the better (booze that is). Just for your info we're
having port, whisky ( grouse) and Baileys.

As far as I know, alcohol doesn't expire, it's just the shit that they add to it does.

It's unimaginable that alcohol would last overnight in my house, never mind for a year.

I know that tinned food can be OK for years after the sell by date on the tin.

As for alcohol, I've no idea.

It is nearly always consumed on the day it is bought.

What about time for this years Xmas offers thread - which from what I remember last year featured booze quite heavily didn't it bob?

sinnerman said:
It's unimaginable that alcohol would last overnight in my house, never mind for a year.

Im 52 when I was younger my life revolved around alcohol. 7 days a week. In the last 5 I've settled down a lot.
My partner has never drunk that much. Now when we have a drink we actually enjoy it.
We're like giggling school kids. I've been on here since match finished and I've had a right laugh watching
x-factor and now celebrity. So there's something to be said for alcohol.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:12 pm --<br /><br />
chesterbells said:
What about time for this years Xmas offers thread - which from what I remember last year featured booze quite heavily didn't it bob?

The port was a well winter warmer. Might get two this year ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.