Top Four Finish

City 1-80
Utd 1-80
Chelsea 1-12
Pool 6-5
Tottenham 6-5
Arsenal 6-4
Newcastle 20-1

Someone pinch me, we're red hot odds on favourites to win the league!!! Staggered really. I was wary about getting carried away but it must be good when the bookies agree too. And the top four would appear so nailed on it's ridiculous.

Comments?

When we're 1/80 to win the league is when I will start to believe mate.

You need to understand how betting odds work. It has nothing to do (well not directly anyway) with the chances of someone winning something. The odds are driven only by the betting that's going on.

10/11 just means lots of people are betting on City, that is all.

If Amir Khan decided to step up to heavyweight and take on Vlad Kiltschko, and enough patriotic Brits bet on Amir, he would be odds on favourite. But he still would have his head removed in the first round.

Chippy_boy said:
You need to understand how betting odds work. It has nothing to do (well not directly anyway) with the chances of someone winning something. The odds are driven only by the betting that's going on.

Having said that there is considerable evidence that there is wisdom in crowds when they are all taking decisions independently of each other.
If we are 10/11 in the average opinion of those prepared to stake money on their opinion then this is probably approximately the chance of us winning it. (After bookies margin and tax so realistically the field are slightly more likely to win it than we are, but we have a better chance than anyone else in the field)

prairiemoon said:
Newcastle in the top four looks smart and safe to me.
Lol. Never gonna happen. They'll be lucky to finish top 6.

7th would be a very good season for them

Chippy_boy said:

If Amir Khan decided to step up to heavyweight and take on Vlad Kiltschko, and enough patriotic Brits bet on Amir, he would be odds on favourite. But he still would have his head removed in the first round.

In the case of the premier league odds it has a lot more to do with the results of a team than how many people have put money on it. If United win tomorrow and we get beat of QPR the odds will change straight away, they won't wait until loads of money has been bet on it.

BLUE hot favourites !

so if the odds are decided by the masses betting, surely united who have a huge following would distort the odds their way??

Adidas Barry Silkman said:
To Win It

City 10-11
Utd 7-4
Chelsea 7-1
Pool 33-1
Arsenal 33-1
Tottenham 50-1
Newcastle 400-1

Top Four Finish

City 1-80
Utd 1-80
Chelsea 1-12
Pool 6-5
Tottenham 6-5
Arsenal 6-4
Newcastle 20-1

Someone pinch me, we're red hot odds on favourites to win the league!!! Staggered really. I was wary about getting carried away but it must be good when the bookies agree too. And the top four would appear so nailed on it's ridiculous.

Comments?

i definately would not say the top 4 is nailed on

Cityfan said:
Having said that there is considerable evidence that there is wisdom in crowds when they are all taking decisions independently of each other.
If we are 10/11 in the average opinion of those prepared to stake money on their opinion then this is probably approximately the chance of us winning it. (After bookies margin and tax so realistically the field are slightly more likely to win it than we are, but we have a better chance than anyone else in the field)

Not the betfair odds are odds on without any margin which would suggest we are more likely to win it than not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.