Lautaro Martínez

Haaland is better in the air than Martinez. Disagree?
Haaland has literally zero goals in the air. Just because he is bigger doesn‘t mean he is better in the air. Ilicic is 192cm and Never scored a Header in his life.
Martinez could be a Aguero replacement but is he someone who could play alone at the top? I doubt that. At least not now. Would he suit our game more ? Definitely. Haaland played in teams who counterattack all the time.

Haaland is better in the air than Martinez. Disagree?
Haaland is terrible in the air.
He puts a lot of time and effort into working on it though, so I expect him to make huge strides in that department soon.
His mentality is his biggest asset

Has it? not always , some great players with aerial ability but short in stature
Don’t dig your feet in. Being good in the air is a mixture of height and jumping ability. Check how many headers SWP, Asa Hartford, Archie Gemmill and Ronnie Corbett scored unassisted the top division

He is definitely a better fit for us than haaland and also a decent player but I just don’t think he is worth the price that is quoted. I genuinely don’t think he is much better than Jesus so I just see it as a waste.

He is definitely a better fit for us than haaland and also a decent player but I just don’t think he is worth the price that is quoted. I genuinely don’t think he is much better than Jesus so I just see it as a waste.
I initially thought the same but maybe Jesus is the right ‘kind’ of striker, but his finishing has gone off a cliff. Pep obviously wants someone who can press and link and it seems Martinez can do that. If he’s a better finisher and there’s no other obvious strikers, maybe it’d work.

Haaland is my first choice but I’d be fine with Martinez, if the price was right.

Looked decent scoring a hat trick on the weekend, albeit against average opposition. If we can't get Haaland he'd be my next choice.

Haaland has literally zero goals in the air. Just because he is bigger doesn‘t mean he is better in the air. Ilicic is 192cm and Never scored a Header in his life.
Martinez could be a Aguero replacement but is he someone who could play alone at the top? I doubt that. At least not now. Would he suit our game more ? Definitely. Haaland played in teams who counterattack all the time.

Douglas Bader was good in the air...

Ok Ok I'll get my coat....it is an old one I know..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.