Lautaro Martínez

The Neymar pursuit is difficult to comprehend but as I have regularly weighed in, this board (Bartomeu) does not make wise sporting decisions and certainly not in keeping with what has made the club great. Moreover, rumours/stories all have to be taken with a grain of salt these days as fake news dominates every sector. Nevertheless, sales will be coming to balance the books - Semedo, Rakitic, Vidal, Coutinho & Dembele (maybe Junior as well) are all likely going to be moved. Those sales alone coupled with a typical transfer budget of 70-80M means Neymar or Lautaro are all possibilities but unless the combined transfer fee & wages are unreasonable (i.e. De Ligt) then there are no targets that are out of Barca's reach - truth is I never understood this claim that the club had their hands tied in the transfer market owing to their finances.

The salaries are the prevailing issue at Barcelona atm and that too will be sorted with the aforementioned sales. I hope Suarez stays until 2021, at least, but we'll see
And the redevelopment of Camp Nou still going ahead?

That's some serious cash your talking about, regardless of sales/wages. And the biggest question of all, how on earth do you replace Messi?

It's going to be a messi few years for Barca finances and there ability to stay relevant.

And the redevelopment of Camp Nou still going ahead?

That's some serious cash your talking about, regardless of sales/wages. And the biggest question of all, how on earth do you replace Messi?

It's going to be a messi few years for Barca finances and there ability to stay relevant.

How could any club replace arguably the greatest player in history? There is no replacement anymore than there's one for Iniesta or Xavi, there's merely a transition to another era but the playing style & philosophy of Cruyff will hopefully course correct to continue producing the sort of play that cules enjoy. When I see a player like Fati or Puig, I am confident that Barca will continue to entertain

Relevance will not be an issue, Barcelona is not United - there is a foundation and cantera to continue

Camp Nou re-development pushed back to 2024 for completion but there is calm emanating from Bartomeu. Barcelona are profitable & generate the most revenue in football, they just need to address the debt & wage bill (which has lowered/improved)

Cannot understand why we are not bidding For this soon to be world class striker ?
I think like in many other cases we know who we want and will approach when ready. Who that could be I don't know but we spend years scouting players who fit our vision and playing style. Someone out there has been identified to replace Aguero. Could be Joao Felix, could be Haaland or it could be Martinez and it could be none of the above. Time will tell.

I think like in many other cases we know who we want and will approach when ready. Who that could be I don't know but we spend years scouting players who fit our vision and playing style. Someone out there has been identified to replace Aguero. Could be Joao Felix, could be Haaland or it could be Martinez and it could be none of the above. Time will tell.

I get the feeling Felix was the one they identified, we were linked quite heavily before he left Benfica. Atleti surely would want to at least get their money back on him though and we seem completely uninterested in paying over £65m for anybody.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.