Lautaro Martínez

We’re looking for Aguero’s successor rather than a ‘plan B’ though.

I wouldn’t see plan b as a bad thing, we will be looking for someone who has the pressing ability and fitness of Jesus as well as a threat on goal - very very hard to find and this guy could be an option. It’s been floated before as an idea and I think it could be possible.

And in the same way that there is NO Silva replacement there is just no replacement one for one for Sergio either.

I wouldn’t see plan b as a bad thing, we will be looking for someone who has the pressing ability and fitness of Jesus as well as a threat on goal - very very hard to find and this guy could be an option. It’s been floated before as an idea and I think it could be possible.

And in the same way that there is NO Silva replacement there is just no replacement one for one for Sergio either.

Sure. We’d all love Lewandowski.

I’m just not sure there a many great big man strikers about at the moment.

On the point about it size my instinct is to agree but tbf ... Aguero is also short and didn't do too bad.

Starting to see a pattern with Argentinian players ...

I hope we don’t just try and find some like Sergio, As there isn’t going to be another Sergio out there. We should be looking at our style and who fits or who we could get that would change us for the better. Either way it needs to result in making up 30 goals a year. Which is a massive loss.

Martinez looks the closest to Sergio Iv seen but do we want a budget version? I’d rather us go get Haaland and just move on and accept we will never see the likes of Sergio again.

TyC Sports in Argentina also reported that we are preparing bid for Lautaro

Also who cares about height? Tevez, Aguero did well

Football is still played on the ground as far as I understand

I hope we don’t just try and find some like Sergio, As there isn’t going to be another Sergio out there. We should be looking at our style and who fits or who we could get that would change us for the better. Either way it needs to result in making up 30 goals a year. Which is a massive loss.

Martinez looks the closest to Sergio Iv seen but do we want a budget version? I’d rather us go get Haaland and just move on and accept we will never see the likes of Sergio again.
It’s very sad mate and we know it’s happening sooner than we think long live the King

I thought the same, but I'm beginning to think that whilst Martinez really is quite similair in so many ways, just him being young, very fit and a true workhorse is worth considering. I think he might have a bit of the Tevez never-stop hassling thing in him. He's also been compared to Radomir Falcao, because he is extremely accomplished in the air, despite his short stature. If there is a concern, it might be that he's not that quick. But it's a good time for him to move, he's not kicked on that much over the last year, but has another step up in him.

TBH, I have more confidence in us going for him than all the other rumours put together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.