Lautaro Martinez

Linked in the Italian media now, in Tuttosport. Saying that City have no problem spending €100m on Lautaro.

I feel like a while ago (but still in the past year), there were murmurings of us moving for Martinez in the rumour mills before the Barcelona links started to really solidify. I don't know if it was on here through an ITK or elsewhere.

One thing I have noticed around the league is that besides United only we have a team formation where goals can come from anywhere. A whole lot of other teams including Liverpool depend on one or two players for their goals. In such a fluid system do we need an urgent striker when Aguero still has a lot in his tank and Jesus will always improve. This guy looks expensive and his numbers don't leave anyone in confidence.
A stupid comparison but Aguero was tearing the La Liga when we bought him.
Still a Haaland fan!
Just Cannot see us dropping 100m on this guy. A lot of money in these times. Very risky for me

Auba will never come to us. And why even thinking about a ''short tem'' why waste money on that (even if it's not much) than it's better to find a goal machine that we can have for 5+ years.
I thought he said he only wants to play for madrid.

I feel like a while ago (but still in the past year), there were murmurings of us moving for Martinez in the rumour mills before the Barcelona links started to really solidify. I don't know if it was on here through an ITK or elsewhere.

I think it was Tolmie’s Hairdoo.

One thing I have noticed around the league is that besides United only we have a team formation where goals can come from anywhere. A whole lot of other teams including Liverpool depend on one or two players for their goals. In such a fluid system do we need an urgent striker when Aguero still has a lot in his tank and Jesus will always improve. This guy looks expensive and his numbers don't leave anyone in confidence.
A stupid comparison but Aguero was tearing the La Liga when we bought him.
Still a Haaland fan!

I hadn’t really thought about Liverpool in that way. You are spot on about it though:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/top-scorers

Auba will never come to us. And why even thinking about a ''short tem'' why waste money on that (even if it's not much) than it's better to find a goal machine that we can have for 5+ years.
Why wouldn’t he come to us? Unless a Juve, Barca, Madrid, PSG or Bayern come in for him, we’re his best chance of winning the league again.

Van Persie wasn’t young when he went to United and they won the league straight after. He’s a proven goalscorer in an average team and could easily fill the LW position, meaning Sterling could play on his favoured right. Or he could play striker when Aguero is injured without piling the pressure on Jesus.

We could spend £100mil on a ‘next 5 year player’ and it doesn’t work out. Martinez doesn’t score enough for me and is very similar to Jesus. Haaland needs another season before his clause kicks in. Cancelo, Mendy & Stones have all been mixed signings and they were big buys.

Get Aubameyang and a top CB (and maybe a LB) and lets see where we’re at. Guarantee it improves us massively.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.