Law change in Switzerland

SilverFox2

Seems that Switzerland is looking carefully at Sports Organisations who base themselves there.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/30964/9603216/fifa-open-to-greater-scrutiny-after-swiss-parliament-changes-law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... hanges-law</a>

Hopefully it will also include UEFA.

April is quite soon as well. It's not like they've been given eighteen months to hide things. There will be some members of those three organisation who will definitely be fucked.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I suspect that someone is leaning on the Swiss. Can't think that altruism is the driving force here!

Probably a fear that the main USA sponsors of their Organisations are concerned that they may have to appear before a US Public Hearing to find out why they are still sponsoring particularly FIFA.
I think it was an American lawyer who questioned the conclusion of FIFA to his corruption investigations that they commissioned.

SilverFox2 said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I suspect that someone is leaning on the Swiss. Can't think that altruism is the driving force here!

Probably a fear that the main USA sponsors of their Organisations are concerned that they may have to appear before a US Public Hearing to find out why they are still sponsoring particularly FIFA.
I think it was an American lawyer who questioned the conclusion of FIFA to his corruption investigations that they commissioned.

FBI have confirmed they're putting a case against FIFA together so it's likely.

Guess they'll just move to Luxembourg, they have more liberal bank laws than Switzerland these days anyway.

bitsmith said:
Guess they'll just move to Luxembourg, they have more liberal bank laws than Switzerland these days anyway.

That is always an option (or of course The Cayman Islands so much loved by the Glazers).

However, the major sponsors of FIFA will be still be accountable to a USA Public Enquiry which may cause more problems for the sponsors than it is worth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.