Le Tour De France 2015

I got in as the crash happened, was a bad one. Sad for all the retirements, not sure why they neutralised it, if it rains tomorrow they will be stopping every couple of miles!!!

What a great stage overall, had a bit of everything, chapeau Purito, one of my favs, think Froome is into yellow and Pinot struggling badly and Bertie not being able to keep up.

Loved it, great stuff

I got in as the crash happened, was a bad one. Sad for all the retirements, not sure why they neutralised it, if it rains tomorrow they will be stopping every couple of miles!!!

What a great stage overall, had a bit of everything, chapeau Purito, one of my favs, think Froome is into yellow and Pinot struggling badly and Bertie not being able to keep up.

Loved it, great stuff

Apparently they neutralised it because all the medical support they had was needed to tend to the crash fallers, and that left the rest of the bunch without ambulance cover, which isn't permitted for obvious reasons. Seems fair enough to me, it's not often you get a crash of such severe nature.

Froome looked very strong today, he'll be a happy man tonight, and will be even more so if he comes through tomorrow unscathed. Definitely looks like the man to beat on this early evidence.

Apparently they neutralised it because all the medical support they had was needed to tend to the crash fallers, and that left the rest of the bunch without ambulance cover, which isn't permitted for obvious reasons. Seems fair enough to me, it's not often you get a crash of such severe nature.

Froome looked very strong today, he'll be a happy man tonight, and will be even more so if he comes through tomorrow unscathed. Definitely looks like the man to beat on this early evidence.

Might seem fair to you, but I rushed home to see some action and they were all stood about, sod the ambulances, my viewing experience was effected. Joking aside, i just thought it was a little OTT, it was quite bad but nobody was serious and they let them roll on for a while. Better order extra ambulances for tomorrow then.

Froome did look good, certainly put a marker down today, I was happier with Purito though.

Amazing to learn that 26% hairpin in the last km today was the steepest part of the whole tour.
Reminds me of some of the ridiculous gradients I've tried in the UK - the French aren't generally daft enough to put roads of that gradient in the Alps or Pyrenees I guess.

That is part of the reason why over the years, I have come to enjoy the first week of the tour more than any other, short but steep ramps, echelons, cobbles, road furniture galore. It's already been a great first week and its only Monday :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.