Le Tour De France 2015

The French don't do themselves any favours do they.

A witch hunt on Froome and team Sky, then the TV cameras spend most of the last part of to days stage following a Frenchman with no chance of winning.

I thought Platini might be a one off but I suspect there are a lot more of his countrymen formed from the same mould.

Its not just the French, its the European Media, Teams and ex European riders, a lot of animosity coming Froome, Sky's and GB's way. It's like they're upset that its not Contador, Valverde, Nibali or one of the other French riders dominating. Fact is Froome is a better rider and its evident that Sky train their cyclist and tactical prepare them better. I don't believe for a second there is any foul play happening as Brailsford, Froome and Sky have been far too open about it. Obviously they're being hunted due to past failings but the witch hunt has been ridiculous, and to be accused by ex dopers is a joke.

I mean what is the cycling world coming to when theres more animosity towards a clean rider leading the tour, as opposed to 2 riders with drugs failings who occupy the top 4.

^^^ great post. Froome is gonna piss em off big time when God Save The Queen is sung on the Champs Elysée. Just hope they don't ask Lesley Garrett to do the singing!

Another great ride by the Sky boys today. They just need to keep an eye on Quintana and Valverde and it should be done and dusted. Anything can happen though. Shame to see TJ drop out, great rider and would've loved to see him on the podium. He would've enjoyed the alps, especially today.

What a stage that was today, Quintana finally shakes off Froome, both of them digging in, Froome done enough to limit his losses, any other rider in 1st and Quintana would have gained well over a minute. Great to watch both riders giving everything, interesting to see what that does to tomorrow, whether they've emptied the tank too much. Froome won't leave Quintanas wheel tomorrow i'm guessing, he looked gutted to have lost even a small chunk of time. Bring on Col de la Croix and Alpe D'Huez.

Seen the shots of Nibali looking round to see Froome stop with that stone in his rear brake then attacking. Froome not happy with that. Remember Contador doing the same to Andy Shleck some years ago. Not very sporting.

Enjoyable stage today. Quintana taking back some time adds a little intrigue for tomorrow, but I can't see Froome shipping bags of time. I think the only way he may do so is if chaos ensues with long range attacks pre Alpe, which would make for great viewing.

Think the Nibali thing is a fuss about nothing really. Watching it unfold live I initially thought Froome was having a hunger flat rather than a mechanical, perhaps the other riders thought the same. Even if they didn't, Nibali was eight minutes down so not an overall contender that Froome needed to stress about.

Big hopes for tomorrow: Pinot/ Yates win, Sanchez pinching a GC top ten and Valverde cracking hugely.

Word for Contador too, he may have failed in the double, but when you look how far down everyone else who did the Giro find themselves on GC, it's pretty remarkable that he's top ten, never mind top 5. Wouldn't be surprised to see him light it up tomorrow with a long range effort for the stage either.

Seen the shots of Nibali looking round to see Froome stop with that stone in his rear brake then attacking. Froome not happy with that. Remember Contador doing the same to Andy Shleck some years ago. Not very sporting.

Yeah, I remember Contador doing that when Schleck lost his chain. Unwritten that you don't take advantage of a competitor's mechanical difficulty. But it's Johnny Foreigner yer racin' against!! Anyone surprised?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.