Le Tour De France 2015

Well that's it. Shame no win for Cav today. Well done froome and sky. Although sadly realized that my all time cycling hero robert millar has lost the distinction of being the only British cyclist to win the king of the mountains jersey. Ho well on to Spain wonder if sky will give Thomas the leaders job?

Froome 100% cannot be classed as a Brit, but Wiggins is.

I think the French had a sad on with Sky due to the money they've thrown at it, probably believing that all they've done is buy the race. However, I don't think they'd have the same problem if Sky had a Frenchman as their lead.

I know this may not be popular, but I have to take issue with this narrative of 'French Jealousy' being at the root of the aggravation we've seen these last two weeks. Yes Antoine Vayer, Pierre Salet and Laurent Jalabert have been key protagonists in shedding doubts on Froome's performance, but they're far from alone. One of his most vocal detractors was Ross Tucker (South African), whilst Paul Kimmage (Irish) was pretty scathing in his assessment of Brailsford and Sky a few nights ago. It was a Dutch newspaper who raised the story of the ex US Postal soigneur being employed with SKY, and a Belgian TV station that revealed questions about Froome's possible use of 'Ketones'. The fan caught on film spitting the other day is believed to be Italian and it was going through Dutch Corner yesterday that the Team Sky car received a hostile reception. To suggest it's purely a case of the French throwing their toys out the pram is misleading

I don't condone the behaviour of the spectators, it's completely out of order and no one should have to endure what Froome and his team mates have faced on these mountain passes. More so I think, even if you remove what's happened out on the roads, the vocal discussion around his level of performance has been disproportionate ( I certainly don't believe his display this year appeared as other worldly as it did in 2013), Unfortunately I think what we've seen is not a response to the events of this race, but rather the manifestation of a distrust and frustration that has built up around Team Sky for a number of years, some of it legitimately, some not - La Pierre St Martin was just the moment tipped things over the edge. The great pity is that, in order to move things forward, their are a number of pertinent questions that could be asked of Sky and Froome that as of yet they haven't provided adequate answers for, but alas due to the boorish behaviour of sections of the crowd, the reasoned debate has been pushed into the background.

Anyway the Tour is done for another year, not a classic edition, but it had its moments (and it had an impossible task following the incredible Giro). Delighted Pinot got his win in the end and that Alpe D'huez stage as a whole will go down as one for the memories. Time for a little break then bring on La Vuelta!!

Can you blame people for doubting Froome's performance when he has outperforming guys who was taking performance enhancig drugs? he is quicker.. so naturally people will question it. I think he and team Sky shouldn't take it so personal, it is part of the parcel.

What isn't is him getting insulted and stuff thrown at him, that is too far.

Can you blame people for doubting Froome's performance when he has outperforming guys who was taking performance enhancig drugs? he is quicker.. so naturally people will question it..

I don't understand that reasoning. Where has he officially been quicker than dopers? Were the weather conditions, parcours and build up to the timed part of the race identical?

If the journalists and ex dopers are going to throw accusations at Froome, why not question Sagan's performances? He's now climbing mountains, beating Henao in the Queen stage in California. Then you have Valverde, a cheat, who is now at the top of his game at 35. Contador has cheated in the past. While Astana are chronic cheats, who had a cyclist, Lars Boom, who was found to have low cortisol levels just before the grand depart. Not to mention Quintana who disappears for months on end and TVG who has links to Armstrong. Yet it is Froome who gets it in the neck.

As for finances, SKY are on a par with BMC, Movistar, Astana and Tinkoff Saxo. I think the suspicion is mainly based around Froome's palmares pre 2011 compared to his form since. However, these critics ignore the power data he was pushing out when he first came to Europe.

Froome won the TDF because he rode smartly, and because he had a well
balanced, intelligent and experienced team who put their bodies on the line for him.

congratulations froome !!deserved to win, surely he deserves some kind of knight hood ? disgusting behavior by some french spectators and media they seem very jealous.

I don't understand that reasoning. Where has he officially been quicker than dopers? Were the weather conditions, parcours and build up to the timed part of the race identical?

If the journalists and ex dopers are going to throw accusations at Froome, why not question Sagan's performances? He's now climbing mountains, beating Henao in the Queen stage in California. Then you have Valverde, a cheat, who is now at the top of his game at 35. Contador has cheated in the past. While Astana are chronic cheats, who had a cyclist, Lars Boom, who was found to have low cortisol levels just before the grand depart. Not to mention Quintana who disappears for months on end and TVG who has links to Armstrong. Yet it is Froome who gets it in the neck.

As for finances, SKY are on a par with BMC, Movistar, Astana and Tinkoff Saxo. I think the suspicion is mainly based around Froome's palmares pre 2011 compared to his form since. However, these critics ignore the power data he was pushing out when he first came to Europe.

Froome won the TDF because he rode smartly, and because he had a well
balanced, intelligent and experienced team who put their bodies on the line for him.

Wot e sez. Quintana was quicker across the mountains than Froome. This race was won on the cobbles.

Last edited:
That Sky Reporter Ola is tasty isn't she? if I was Team Sky I'd be having her in that bus with us celebrating with a gangbang !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.