Le Tour de France 2016

The official Tour web site saying Froome had a mechanical that dropped him back, what a bunch of lying French bastards.

Sky and BMC should threaten to pull out of the race if they don't amend it.

Like Chris Boardman said, won't be long till there is big cyclists and teams going on strike.

I think I'll be watching the highlights this evening!

They should let the result stand - make it interesting for a few days.

Nothing wrong with a degree of cynicism but you should extend it to other riders too. The peleton includes previously banned riders (for example Contador and Valverde), as well as riders in teams who appear to have a history of cheating (for example, Astana and Katusha).

I am a cynical person - I'm even cynical about Leicester. This extends to all cyclists, and particularly the GC contenders. If any of them are doing it through natural talent and hard work I sympathise as I don't think they'll ever get the respect they would deserve. What has gone on in the past, and what still goes on less openly has tarnished the sport and it will be difficult to get out of that shadow.

The result should stand. No point trying to amend the yellow jersey standings every team baring Sky will want the result to remain. Dont get why Froome ran up a bit of the mountian. Always thought they wait at the crash area for there bike to arrive or to take a team mates bike never seen that happening. Its the best result for the tour. To keep it as it is makes the tour more competitive. Froome will cut the gap tomorrow on the time trial. In a way he was lucky theydidnt go all the way up the mountain as he would of lost more time or used up a lot of energy to try and cut the time back. Glad to see Adam Yates in Yellow be interersting to see how they do with the Yellow on.

The result should stand. No point trying to amend the yellow jersey standings every team baring Sky will want the result to remain. Dont get why Froome ran up a bit of the mountian. Always thought they wait at the crash area for there bike to arrive or to take a team mates bike never seen that happening. Its the best result for the tour. To keep it as it is makes the tour more competitive. Froome will cut the gap tomorrow on the time trial. In a way he was lucky theydidnt go all the way up the mountain as he would of lost more time or used up a lot of energy to try and cut the time back. Glad to see Adam Yates in Yellow be interersting to see how they do with the Yellow on.

Pretty sure BMC won't be happy with Porte in 14th either. It might make the tour more competitive but its not right. If Quintana's group had crashed behind them they would have amended the results. Its the organisers fault, crowds have been getting stupidly out of control, it was only a few days Froome got fined for punching a 'fan' that got too close and now today a 'fan' might have cost him the Tour (although I still think he's strong enough to win).

Why not give the good riders a rucksack on their back to make it more competitive. Why not make Usain Bolt run in Wellingtons to make the 100m more competitive?

Or as has happened to day why not make the crowd stand in front of the riders,who through their own efforts had escaped, cause a motorcycle to brake hard and cause an accident are you really saying that we need this sort of thing to happen to make things competitive. When City play a team from Div 1 why not give them a 2 goal lead to make things competitive

I have read some shit on this forum but that is right up there

To suggest only Sky are unhappy is totally wrong ask Porte from BMC how he feels about that incident

Looks like the results have been amended and rightly so.

Not sure how the times have been calculated though. Have a feeling they'll give him Quintana's group time and not Mollema's.

Last edited:

That is bollox. They have discretion to allow for exceptional events - they used it the other day when the inflatable collapsed. They get times amended automatically on flat stages, the assumption is that on a mountain they go to slow to crash. However, that crash was nothing to do with the riders, it was a fan stepping in front of a motor bike! They should all get the time gaps at the point of the crash!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.