Le Tour de France 2016

Brilliant - yellow jersey so well deserved.

He wouldnt admit it in interview, but to beat Kittel and Greipel who both finished in top 5 was really important - sets great tone for this tour now :-)

I actually think Millar's commentary is excellent, gives really good insight. However, I did like Liggett's commentary as well.
What has happened to Liggett and Sherwin? Doesn't seem the same without them. :(

I've got more reason than usual to be watching the first two stages as I'm doing a D Day themed audax around this area in a couple of weeks. 400km in a maximum total time of 27hrs which takes in many of the most important sites of the d day landings. It doesn't look too bad - could be some wind but no real hills.

Quintana will win the gc however will be close as team sky have such a good team. Sagan for the green and quintana for the KOM. Won't see much more of cav as he has one eye on his track racing

What has happened to Liggett and Sherwin? Doesn't seem the same without them. :(

Phil and Paul work for American tv and Itv used to buy the coverage and was a hassle production wise. so believe itv thought it be easier and cheaper all around. Enjoyed Ned and Dave but slightly sad that another part of my youth has gone the same way as spangles etc

Glad for Cav. Will he complete the tour with Rio cming up?

Phil Liggett's commentary is so dull. Glad he has gone. David Millar was excellent on the Dauphine coverage.

Shame Contador crashed. I would hate to see GC riders miss out due to crashes and menchanicals.

Great day for Cav. Would love to see him win the final stage and go clear of Hinault in stage wins at the same time.

As for the overall, I am going with Froome, even though, for the second year running, the parcours heavily favours Quintana. The stages as a whole, lack balance. They really should have had a 40-50k, flat time trial. Too much focus on the climbing skills of the GC riders.

Good to see some serious knowledge coming through again lads. Bluemoon never fails to deliver!
So pleased for Cav today. As has been said I hope he sees it through to Paris. Thing now though is he might see it as mission already accomplished and bin it off to concentrate on Rio. Hope not. 2012 when he won in Paris was fantastic and the angle of the TV coverage when he came into shot was one of the best iconic sporting TV shots ever in my book.
Fuckin love the Tour!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.