League Cup 2014/15 thread

Vienna_70

Team supported
Treble Winners 2022/23.
Some upsets tonight, including Scunny beating Blackburn 1-0 and Burton winning 2-1 against Wigan.

But the game of the night has to be Dagenham & Redbridge 6-6 Brentford. 4-4 at full time and Brentford won 4-2 on penalties.

Definitely a game neither side deserved to lose.

Re: League Cup Round 1

Vienna_70 said:
Some upsets tonight, including Scunny beating Blackburn 1-0 and Burton winning 2-1 against Wigan.

But the game of the night has to be Dagenham & Redbridge 6-6 Brentford. 4-4 at full time and Brentford won 4-2 on penalties.

Did neither side have a goalkeeper?

Still a few teams left in that would mean new grounds to me if they got to at least the third round, but even more got knocked out tonight.
Pity Bury couldn't beat the Bolton Not-rites; lost 3-2 aet.
Would be nice if one of the minnows beat the rags in round 2.

Vienna_70 said:

Weirdly, I was actually at that match, in the away end. Utterly surreal game, and definitely the greatest non-city one I've ever been to: some absolutely shocking defending, some screamers, and an impromptu thunderstorm during the first half which absolutely drenched us thanks to the wind blowing it back into the stand. With the cost of the ticket, it also worked out at £1 a goal! Mental.

Draw for round 2 tonight.
Survivors of the 1st round are joined by the thirteen clubs from the prem who failed to qualify for any European competition .
If only I could think of a great club , steeped in European glory and success who will be slumming it in the 2nd round instead of having a night off to prepare for CL football.
Anyone help with this?

Bodicoteblue said:
Survivors of the 1st round are joined by the thirteen clubs from the prem who failed to qualify for any European competition .
If only I could think of a great club , steeped in European glory and success who will be slumming it in the 2nd round instead of having a night off to prepare for CL football.
Anyone help with this?

Aston Villa

Zubrman said:
Bodicoteblue said:
Anyone help with this?

Aston Villa
And Forest , but I'm sure there is someone else!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.