League cup draw - United (a)

He's right. Our priorities by then:

Champs league
Prem
Youth development
League Cup win

Beating United in the league cup only serves the fans here, but financially we make pennies in that tournament compared to all the others. A champs league goal is worth more than a win in the league cup in terms of the money either brings into the club.

From United's pov, a league cup win against a rival could be priceless. Too early to tell, but they may not have rebounded by that stage and need a win. A win against a rival could be vital for their morale and Jose's sanity at that stage, whereas for us it's not that vital. Pep wont risk other tournaments over a league cup win. Jose will.
We're in the first three months of the season, the game is sandwiched between two relatively comfortable league games.

If we play a side like last night we would lose, rather keep the momentum going and get another derby win. Don't get all this player tiredness bollocks in football, mens tennis players play seven five set games in two weeks and do fine. Sure there will be a bit of rotation like every game but the core of Fernandnho, Aguero, Silva, Gundogan, KDB etc have to start imo

We're in the first three months of the season, the game is sandwiched between two relatively comfortable league games.

If we play a side like last night we would lose, rather keep the momentum going and get another derby win. Don't get all this player tiredness bollocks in football, mens tennis players play seven five set games in two weeks and do fine. Sure there will be a bit of rotation like every game but the core of Fernandnho, Aguero, Silva, Gundogan, KDB etc have to start imo
football is a contact sport though, cannot compare it to individual sports

Fans yes. For the players and the club, I think it will be less significant. Long term goals this season are more important than short term wins and whilst it is always good to beat them and do well in any competition, it is not the be all and end all this season. I think we can give them a game with any side currently the way we play.

I think the strategy will be similar to last night with maybe a bit more flair in the side so one of Silva/De Bruyne playing.

Why are the club still allowing people to join the league cup scheme to get derby tickets surely defeats the point of it

my email outlook calendar has updated that the match to be played Tues 25th also BBC Sport Website has it down as 25th,
which surprises me thought this would have been on the wednesday after playing on the Sunday ???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.