League One Thread - 2021/22 | Sunderland promoted

Bloody hell we've finally got the monkey off our back.

Today is the first time since December 2019 that we have come from a behind to win a game (away is even worse 2016)

Not often I say this but I thought we fully deserved it, MK Dons are no mugs and are in the playoffs on merit. They had a couple of good chances in first half (one definitely should have scored) but so did we with a goal disallowed and keeper making several good saves from set pieces.

Into the 2nd half and Twine scored a beauty on 47 to put them 0-1 up, but for once we kept at it. Moore made 2 subs who turned the game in Luongo & Windass for his 1st appearance of the season.

Jack Hunt hit the post with the goal at his mercy and everything we did just couldn't force it past the keeper.

Finally Gregory equalised from a corner on 83 mins and we got our reward in stoppage time when Windass slotted home after having 2 bites of the cherry to win 2-1 to put us in the playoffs for the 1st time since early September.

Scott Twine, David Kasumu & Peter Kioso (who I thought was excellent) had a decent game for the Dons and all 23 or under.

In the rest of the divison my commment at the weekend about Plymouth having to play teams around them was interesting as they lost 0-3 at home to Wycombe tonight and they have Wigan at home on Saturday.

Rotherham won again 0-2 at Ipswich and are now top of the table, Sunderland will be disappointed to only draw 1-1 at Shrewsbury, especially after being 0-1 uo and the home team down to 10 men at HT

Wigan came from 2-0 down to draw at Cambridge, Bolton beat Doncaster Rovers 3-0, Pompey won 0-3 at Lincoln, Burton 4-0 at home to Stanley & Oxford winning 3-1 at home to Fleetwood.

Saturday's fixtures have 7th vs 1st, 5th Vs 2nd & 3rd Vs 4th

Simon Grayson sacked by Fleetwood.
His career is running on empty.

He left PNE (where he had been for 4 years and was doing ok) for Sunderland and since then it's been a rapid decline

Sunderland - 4 months
Bradford City - 3 months
Blackpool - 7 months
Fleetwood Town - 10 months

He left PNE (where he had been for 4 years and was doing ok) for Sunderland and since then it's been a rapid decline

Sunderland - 4 months
Bradford City - 3 months
Blackpool - 7 months

A couple more failures and he'll rock up at Old Trafford

Sunderland - 4 months
Bradford City - 3 months
Blackpool - 7 months
The mans an arrogant prick ......... wouldn’t take our job because he thought he was bigger than managing a league 1 side

Bloody hell we've finally got the monkey off our back.

Today is the first time since December 2019 that we have come from a behind to win a game (away is even worse 2016)

Not often I say this but I thought we fully deserved it, MK Dons are no mugs and are in the playoffs on merit. They had a couple of good chances in first half (one definitely should have scored) but so did we with a goal disallowed and keeper making several good saves from set pieces.

Into the 2nd half and Twine scored a beauty on 47 to put them 0-1 up, but for once we kept at it. Moore made 2 subs who turned the game in Luongo & Windass for his 1st appearance of the season.

Jack Hunt hit the post with the goal at his mercy and everything we did just couldn't force it past the keeper.

Finally Gregory equalised from a corner on 83 mins and we got our reward in stoppage time when Windass slotted home after having 2 bites of the cherry to win 2-1 to put us in the playoffs for the 1st time since early September.

Scott Twine, David Kasumu & Peter Kioso (who I thought was excellent) had a decent game for the Dons and all 23 or under.

In the rest of the divison my commment at the weekend about Plymouth having to play teams around them was interesting as they lost 0-3 at home to Wycombe tonight and they have Wigan at home on Saturday.

Rotherham won again 0-2 at Ipswich and are now top of the table, Sunderland will be disappointed to only draw 1-1 at Shrewsbury, especially after being 0-1 uo and the home team down to 10 men at HT

Wigan came from 2-0 down to draw at Cambridge, Bolton beat Doncaster Rovers 3-0, Pompey won 0-3 at Lincoln, Burton 4-0 at home to Stanley & Oxford winning 3-1 at home to Fleetwood.

Saturday's fixtures have 7th vs 1st, 5th Vs 2nd & 3rd Vs 4th
Windass may end up being the key and defending for the full 90 minutes

The mans an arrogant prick ......... wouldn’t take our job because he thought he was bigger than managing a league 1 side
That turned out well for him, I think you probably dodged a bullet.
Windass may end up being the key and defending for the full 90 minutes
If we can keep him and Luongo fit (only played 45 & 160 mins between them this season) and get a couple of the injured defenders back you never know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.