League One Thread - 2021/22 | Sunderland promoted

Find it odd there are clubs in League 1 in better health than the Championship.

The Championship is a basket case of a division.

Pre-covid you had teams chasing the dream (we tried & failed spectacularily) by chucking money at it to try and compete with the teams with Parachute Payments.

Post-covid only the teams with PP seem to have any money. Fulham spent £12m on Harry Wilson, be lucky if other teams spend a tenth of that on a player, it seems to be frees or loans this season.

Don't be suprised to see Fulham & West Brom back up next season. As funny as last night result was for those from the dark side if Ramsdale goes to Arsenal I can see that money being re-used for players the manager wants and I expect them to be in the mix come the end of the season.

cheers @West Yorks Owl , i wasn't sure if there'll be much interest in a League One thread, but you never know.

After City, i follow a couple of clubs, my local one being Morecambe FC. We managed to get into the third tier for the first time this season and have made an amazing start (relatively) to the campaign, one win (H Shrewsbury), draw (A Ipswich) and loss (H Rotherham), plus an away win at Blackburn in the League Cup, a particular boost.

I went down to watch the Shrimps play Rotherham the other night and it was clear the Millers were from another level, relegated as they were from the Championship. Everything from them was stronger, calmer, better. Not saying they'll go back up but they looked a bit much for Morecambe. Morecambe's squad is terribly thin and the budget tiny, absolutely mini for this league, and my pre season prediction was instant relegation. I'm just hoping we stay up and attempt to build. Long tough season ahead!!

I always tend to look at the managers in the lower Leagues and although Ipswich struggled last year, I think having Paul Cook in there now with a pre-season and bringing in some of his own players will make them contenders.

My outside bet for promotion

It's like actors not mentioning Macbeth, trying to sneak under the radar ;)

TBH after the last few years of turmoil we've had, I'd take a uneventful season of no drama off the field and not be in a relegation battle.

If we are to be in the mix (and we've had a decent start) history tells you that when Wednesday get promoted it's not often they win the league, but go up as next bests.
Seems your U18 keeper is an ex City youth

cheers @West Yorks Owl , i wasn't sure if there'll be much interest in a League One thread, but you never know.

After City, i follow a couple of clubs, my local one being Morecambe FC. We managed to get into the third tier for the first time this season and have made an amazing start (relatively) to the campaign, one win (H Shrewsbury), draw (A Ipswich) and loss (H Rotherham), plus an away win at Blackburn in the League Cup, a particular boost.

I went down to watch the Shrimps play Rotherham the other night and it was clear the Millers were from another level, relegated as they were from the Championship. Everything from them was stronger, calmer, better. Not saying they'll go back up but they looked a bit much for Morecambe. Morecambe's squad is terribly thin and the budget tiny, absolutely mini for this league, and my pre season prediction was instant relegation. I'm just hoping we stay up and attempt to build. Long tough season ahead!!
We play Morecambe away on the 28th, our tickets go on-sale tomorrow unfortunately with my Priority Points I don' think it will get to me.

Seems your U18 keeper is an ex City youth

Our transfer policy over the last few years has been awful, at least under Darren Moore there looks to be a plan, especially signing players like this for the future.

Just read that we are letting ex-Villa winger Andre Green go to join Slovan Bratislava, we only signed him in January but tbh what I've seen of him it's no great loss.

Previously we would have kept him for 3 years letting his contract run down then he'd leave for nothing.

Hopefully the penny has finally dropped with Chansiri how to buy/sell players

We play Morecambe away on the 28th, our tickets go on-sale tomorrow unfortunately with my Priority Points I don' think it will get to me.

Our transfer policy over the last few years has been awful, at least under Darren Moore there looks to be a plan, especially signing players like this for the future.

Just read that we are letting ex-Villa winger Andre Green go to join Slovan Bratislava, we only signed him in January but tbh what I've seen of him it's no great loss.

Previously we would have kept him for 3 years letting his contract run down then he'd leave for nothing.

Hopefully the penny has finally dropped with Chansiri how to buy/sell players

How many do you get away at Morecambe? 1000? Not even?

Just been looking at odds for League One. Sunderland are favourites to go up as might be expected but Cambridge United are odds-on to go down.

That seems odd at this stage of the season especially as they have bagged a couple of points already - anyone know why they are the bookies favourites for the drop?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.