League One Thread - 2021/22 | Sunderland promoted

You should have loaned one of our young defenders ;)

If only!

I don't think we have a good relationship with the top clubs as it's very rare we get their youngsters on loan.

Whether that's down to our style of play (whatever that is) or loan cost who knows.

Only 4 games in League 1 today due to cancellations for internationals.

Another sub standard head scratching performance from us, 1st half we looked devoid of ideas and how Bolton didn't score is a mystery.

2nd half after a change of tactics and 2 subs we looked better, and won the game with a great ball into the box for Lee Gregory to finish. problem is we don't do this enough.

Fans are really frustrated with Darren Moore as we seem to be trying to play with a risk averse policy of safety first.

The amount of times we turn inside or back to goal when there is plenty of pitch in front of us.

Thought Bolton looked decent and they will be in the top 6 come the end of the season.

At the end of the day 3 points is 3 points.

But you've got Barry Bannan, the League 1 Iniesta.

Keep my eye on the Wednesday and yesterday aside, still think you're going up. Heard you battered them, hit the post a few times then scored an own goal to lose. Reminds me of pre-takeover City.
Also have a bit of time for the Owls..my middle sister lives in Sheffield and has married a die hard Weds fan..my lad was at Sheffield uni and played twice in the varsity footy v Hallam at Hillsborough... scored in one of them ...proud dad !!!

Another sub standard head scratching performance from us, 1st half we looked devoid of ideas and how Bolton didn't score is a mystery.

2nd half after a change of tactics and 2 subs we looked better, and won the game with a great ball into the box for Lee Gregory to finish. problem is we don't do this enough.

Fans are really frustrated with Darren Moore as we seem to be trying to play with a risk averse policy of safety first.

The amount of times we turn inside or back to goal when there is plenty of pitch in front of us.

Thought Bolton looked decent and they will be in the top 6 come the end of the season.

Having watched Bolton on a semi-regular basis you are absolutely spot on with this analysis. If they had a decent defence they would be up there challenging. Didn't think Afolayan deserved his booking for alleged diving neither. Berahino looked decent for the Owls when he got on the ball and good luck to you for the rest of the season.

Having watched Bolton on a semi-regular basis you are absolutely spot on with this analysis. If they had a decent defence they would be up there challenging. Didn't think Afolayan deserved his booking for alleged diving neither. Berahino looked decent for the Owls when he got on the ball and good luck to you for the rest of the season.

Afolayan was excellent we couldn't get the ball from him, and I was was suprised when he was booked for diving looked a foul from where I was.

Thought Keiran Lee (not that one if you google him) played well too but that's maybe because I still hold a torch for him :)

One thing that did frustrate me is we are 1-0 up and bring on Shodipo, fairly pacey winger who plays on the left. Bolton RB was already on a yellow, surely you try and run at him?

Instead he tucks in and we look to hold what we have.

Afolayan was excellent we couldn't get the ball from him, and I was was suprised when he was booked for diving looked a foul from where I was.

Thought Keiran Lee (not that one if you google him) played well too but that's maybe because I still hold a torch for him :)

One thing that did frustrate me is we are 1-0 up and bring on Shodipo, fairly pacey winger who plays on the left. Bolton RB was already on a yellow, surely you try and run at him?

Instead he tucks in and we look to hold what we have.
Think that is down to your manager. He is never going to encourage attacking football which is a shame as I think you have the squad to do well. Afolayan has been the star for Bolton this season and last if you count his loan spell. Got the makings of a decent winger and West Ham's loss is Bolton's gain.

Given the international break I went to watch Sheffield Wednesday Vs Bolton this weekend. £26 in the Kop. Fuck me I'd forgotten how bad football at this level could be sometimes. I'd also forgotten, as much as I look back fondly at Maine Road, what a ground whose best days are long in the past looks like.

I went to this game. It was strange as a City fan to hear the groans and boos when the ball came back to the keeper, but after the 10th time I'd seen the ball passed around the defence before being booted forward all became clear. Is it that tortured every week?

Went down to Sheffield on Saturday to see my eldest and my mate whose an Owls fans was down there having a few ......... he wasn’t going to the game but we magically ended up at the top of West St saw a team full of Bolton fans the buzz got hold of me so ended up at the game ........... have to that the attmosphere at Valley Parade can be negative but this is a new level :( they rely to much on Bannan non movement at all when he gets it ......... Bolton will be up there but Wednesday could do a lot more ........ I mean after the game the way some where talking you would have thought they’d lost 5-0 ............ such a shame though great set of fans that deserve better but how many clubs can say the same

Given the international break I went to watch Sheffield Wednesday Vs Bolton this weekend. £26 in the Kop. Fuck me I'd forgotten how bad football at this level could be sometimes. I'd also forgotten, as much as I look back fondly at Maine Road, what a ground whose best days are long in the past looks like.

Think yourself lucky, I have to watch this sh*t every week ;)

Unfortunately us (& Forest) got relegated from the PL at the wrong time, parachute payments didn't exist so it was all about bailing the water out of the bottom of the boat. Hillsborough needs more than a lick of paint unfortunately.

I went to this game. It was strange as a City fan to hear the groans and boos when the ball came back to the keeper, but after the 10th time I'd seen the ball passed around the defence before being booted forward all became clear. Is it that tortured every week?

Playing out from the back is fine but it has to have purpose and get results. The point is to beat the press, Bolton managed to do this a few times but we pass (2nd half especially) to Dunkley a right footer playing in the left CB position, he then has to turn onto his weak foot and then anything can happen. He makes our old defender Tom Lees who was poor on the ball look like the 2nd coming of Beckenbauer.

Went down to Sheffield on Saturday to see my eldest and my mate whose an Owls fans was down there having a few ......... he wasn’t going to the game but we magically ended up at the top of West St saw a team full of Bolton fans the buzz got hold of me so ended up at the game ........... have to that the attmosphere at Valley Parade can be negative but this is a new level :( they rely to much on Bannan non movement at all when he gets it ......... Bolton will be up there but Wednesday could do a lot more ........ I mean after the game the way some where talking you would have thought they’d lost 5-0 ............ such a shame though great set of fans that deserve better but how many clubs can say the same

We look like we've signed some decent players but aren't getting anything like we should out of them, and that is down to the manager. Fans are really frustrated.

Young winger we have from Wolves on loan Theo Corbeanu looks excellent, but bar having photos of Darren Moore naked with dogs not sure what else he has to do to get game time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.