League One Thread - 2021/22 | Sunderland promoted

Those are some alarming stats! Do Wednesday not have an older head that can come on to see games out? In days gone by older players often slid down the leagues and did that type of job. This does not seem to happen so much nowadays. I guess there are more foreign players who may go back "home" at the end of their time and others have made enough in their careers to not have to do this.
You would think players like Bannan, Hutchinson, Palmer who have been at the club a long time and all 30 or over we should have older heads to see games out, but maybe they're part of the problem.

2 of our better players we haven't/hardly seen yet, Josh Windass not played yet due back in next few weeks and Massimo Luongo who hasn't played 96 mins and not been seen since August.

Hopefully if we can keep them fit we may start to get results and see games out.

Just got back from Cambridge.

Like the weather (wind and rain) the first 30 mins we were awful, Cambridge won the toss and turned us around playing with the elements, they were battering us from set pieces and it was no suprise when they scored from a corner after another calamity mix up.

We managed to weather (no pun intended) the storm and really should have scored before half time, Wing was through 1 on 1 and decided to resemble a rabbit in the headlights and Dele-Bashiru was unlucky when he hit the post.

2nd half we had the wind but for a while we looked pretty toothless. We then made a couple of subs and went to a back 4 and looked better, defender cleared one off the line that was going in straight from the corner, and keeper made 2 quick saves from Johnson & Berahino.

Dele-Bashiru finally equalised with a well taken goal, I hope he stays in the team as I like him, and as raw as he can be at times he has pace & power.

We nearly took the lead a couple of minutes later but keeper made a great save to keep a header out from Gregory.

Disappointed not to have 3 points but after first 30 mins i'd take 1

We got seats and standing on the side terrace tonight so thought why not got and stand as I usually pay for a seat and stand anyway, lad loved it.

Besides Burger King on the way home highlight for me was Wednesday fans on the terrace singing to some Wednesday fans in the seats "How shit must you be, you sit down away" :)

Great wins for Sunderland & Ipswich tonight but Plymouth keep doing the business. Suprise result at the DW as Wigan have been beating teams for fun.

Lincoln City up next.

I feel like the boy who cried wolf.

Every week I come on here and say how shit we have played, at some point the City fans who are interested in this thread are going to think surely it can't be the same every game.

So apologies for this but it is, today was the worst we've been all season, truly dreadful.

We had a 10 minute spell after we scored (against the run of play) and looked half decent, after that it was return to type and Lincoln equalised from a corner with 10 to go, it was the least they deserved.

At the minute we seem to be playing a 3-5-2 that in reality looks more like a 5-3-2, as soon as we get the ball in the wide areas there is nothing in front of them as the midfield 3 & front 2 are quite narrow.

People have said all season that with the amount of players we've signed the team needs to gel, but how can it gel when every week players are in & out and we have different tactics/formations.

We signed 4 wingers in the summer but now we play 3-5-2 they don't get a look in as the full backs are playing wide.

The icing on the cake today was Marvin Johnson playing left CB of the back 3, a player who's normal position is left side of midfield, and if you ask fans of Boro & the Pigs he's not very good in his normal position. Utterly baffling!

Praise & Grumble (Radio Sheffield's after match phone in) was as you'd expect carnage on the way home.

Elsewhere in the division a coupon buster at the SOL with Sunderland losing to mangerless Charlton.

Good wins for Wigan, Rotherham (@ MK Dons who have been decent of late), Wycombe & Ipswich who finally look like they are starting to get some consistency.

After 14 games the runners & riders are jostling for position.

Every week I come on here and say how shit we have played, at some point the City fans who are interested in this thread are going to think surely it can't be the same every game.

So apologies for this but it is, today was the worst we've been all season, truly dreadful.

We had a 10 minute spell after we scored (against the run of play) and looked half decent, after that it was return to type and Lincoln equalised from a corner with 10 to go, it was the least they deserved.

At the minute we seem to be playing a 3-5-2 that in reality looks more like a 5-3-2, as soon as we get the ball in the wide areas there is nothing in front of them as the midfield 3 & front 2 are quite narrow.

People have said all season that with the amount of players we've signed the team needs to gel, but how can it gel when every week players are in & out and we have different tactics/formations.

We signed 4 wingers in the summer but now we play 3-5-2 they don't get a look in as the full backs are playing wide.

The icing on the cake today was Marvin Johnson playing left CB of the back 3, a player who's normal position is left side of midfield, and if you ask fans of Boro & the Pigs he's not very good in his normal position. Utterly baffling!

Praise & Grumble (Radio Sheffield's after match phone in) was as you'd expect carnage on the way home.

Elsewhere in the division a coupon buster at the SOL with Sunderland losing to mangerless Charlton.

Good wins for Wigan, Rotherham (@ MK Dons who have been decent of late), Wycombe & Ipswich who finally look like they are starting to get some consistency.

Keep posting your match reviews. I, for one, enjoy reading them.

I hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but it’s great to have a perspective of life in the lower divisions, that you, @Stockport mackem and @Bantamgaz, among others, give us.

Keep posting your match reviews. I, for one, enjoy reading them.

I hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but it’s great to have a perspective of life in the lower divisions, that you, @Stockport mackem and @Bantamgaz, among others, give us.
Thanks m8 appreciated.

Not taken the wrong way at all, us Sunderland and Bradford are where we are because bottom line we deserve to be.

Thanks m8 appreciated.

Not taken the wrong way at all, us Sunderland and Bradford are where we are because bottom line we deserve to be.
Yeah and all 3 being shafted by clowns that ain’t got a clue in how to run a club :( I mean being down here is shocking but when an owner has contributed big time to that then that’s when it gets to you ................ big issues within our club which thankfully Adams is being honest how rotten to the core the club is and hads been for 4 years now ............. hopefully he will be given time to sort out this shambles

Thanks for the updates. And we thought we suffered! Sheesh.

Good luck and keep them coming. I hope Wednesday, Sunderland and Rotherham can get up.

@West Yorks Owl - how did Lewis Fiorini play for Lincoln? - he is on loan there from City. He is one of the lower profile youngsters so it would be useful to have an update.

@West Yorks Owl - how did Lewis Fiorini play for Lincoln? - he is on loan there from City. He is one of the lower profile youngsters so it would be useful to have an update.
Can't say I noticed him that much if I'm being honest m8. Looking at Flashscores he was in the middle of a front 3, but i've just rewatched the highlights again (masochist) and he seemed to be deeper than that when Lincoln attacked.

Once thing I did notice though when they equalised all the Lincoln players went over and celebrated with the goalscorer, and he went and grabbed the ball out of the net so they could go for the winner.

Winning mentality!

Balls - just noticed that Wednesday were playing at Cheltenham today. I would have gone along to see it if I had noticed in time rather than suffering through the commentary of our game against Palace.

@West Yorks Owl hope you enjoyed the trip if you went to the game - losing the lead in the last minute must have been a choker.

Good to see Ben Knight back get some minutes from the bench for Crewe after an injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.