League One Thread - 2021/22 | Sunderland promoted

West Yorks Owl

Team supported
The Wednesday
This was mentioned in the Championship Thread, so as someone who's team is taking part in the competition this season I thought I'd start it.

I think any of the following will fancy their chances this year in what could be a wide open league

Sunderland
Portsmouth
Wycombe Wanderers
Rotherham United
Ipswich Town
Oxford United
Lincoln City
Burton Albion
Wigan Athletic

Some big clubs with big budgets. Even Wigan managed to take the league’s top scorer Charlie Wyke from Sunderland after offering him £10k a week.
Watch out for Burton as a live outsider, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has an absolutely amazing record since taking over when they looked doomed to relegation last season. And of course he has won promotion with them before

This was mentioned in the Championship Thread, so as someone who's team is taking part in the competition this season I thought I'd start it.

I think any of the following will fancy their chances this year in what could be a wide open league

Sunderland
Portsmouth
Wycombe Wanderers
Rotherham United
Ipswich Town
Oxford United
Lincoln City
Burton Albion
Wigan Athletic
You don’t consider yourselves as one of the contenders?

My local team - Cheltenham Town - got promoted to League One this season so I will probably take in a few games against the "star" teams in the division and teams that have City loanees. I did think about going to see them play Ipswich on Tuesday, didn't bother and so missed a memorable 2-1 victory with the Robins coming back from 0-1 down.

You don’t consider yourselves as one of the contenders?
It's like actors not mentioning Macbeth, trying to sneak under the radar ;)

TBH after the last few years of turmoil we've had, I'd take a uneventful season of no drama off the field and not be in a relegation battle.

If we are to be in the mix (and we've had a decent start) history tells you that when Wednesday get promoted it's not often they win the league, but go up as next bests.

My local team - Cheltenham Town - got promoted to League One this season so I will probably take in a few games against the "star" teams in the division and teams that have City loanees. I did think about going to see them play Ipswich on Tuesday, didn't bother and so missed a memorable 2-1 victory with the Robins coming back from 0-1 down.
Would love to see Cheltenham do well after the class they and their supporters showed around last year’s cup tie. Delighted they beat Ipswich who I have disliked since that “Weakest Link” banner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.