League One Thread - 2021/22 | Sunderland promoted

Just been looking at odds for League One. Sunderland are favourites to go up as might be expected but Cambridge United are odds-on to go down.

That seems odd at this stage of the season especially as they have bagged a couple of points already - anyone know why they are the bookies favourites for the drop?
Apparently it was a bit of a shock that they were promoted, mainly off the back of a 34-goal season by the League Two top scorer Paul Mullin. However they lost him to the new Hollywood money at Wrexham and a mega contract for that level. Also lost their second best player.
That said, many of the teams in that league are much of a muchness so odds on does seem a bit harsh

Just been looking at odds for League One. Sunderland are favourites to go up as might be expected but Cambridge United are odds-on to go down.

That seems odd at this stage of the season especially as they have bagged a couple of points already - anyone know why they are the bookies favourites for the drop?
The football heart soars when one of these goes down!

We've been given 1779 (1198 Standing, 581 Seats)

wow ok, and i assume you'll sell them all, who wouldnt want to come to the sunshine coast

i expect the attendance record of 5,000 to be broken that day! actually we should have the first ever sell out of 6k. Be bouncing that day!! we've got PNE and Accy Stan soon, plus the Fleetwood derby, it's a good season ahead.

wow ok, and i assume you'll sell them all, who wouldnt want to come to the sunshine coast

i expect the attendance record of 5,000 to be broken that day! actually we should have the first ever sell out of 6k. Be bouncing that day!! we've got PNE and Accy Stan soon, plus the Fleetwood derby, it's a good season ahead.
I am 5th level of Prioity Points and I don't think it will get to me so yes they will all go.

Apparently it was a bit of a shock that they were promoted, mainly off the back of a 34-goal season by the League Two top scorer Paul Mullin. However they lost him to the new Hollywood money at Wrexham and a mega contract for that level. Also lost their second best player.
That said, many of the teams in that league are much of a muchness so odds on does seem a bit harsh
Cambridge beat Burton 3-0 today - wish I'd had a punt on them staying up when I noticed the odds.

Early in the season but Wednesday, Portsmouth and Sunderland all in the top 6.

Crewe lost again and Ben Knight was hooked on 59 minutes - it's going to be a tough place to shine on loan but hopefully he can do so once he gets up to speed.

1st half today we were poor, the game hinged on a penalty save on the stroke of HT, 2nd half we were better and for someone that would have taken a point prior to the game happy with that.

Like I said before nothing is won in August, but if you'd have asked most Wednesday fans in May how many points would we take from our first 4 games, it wouldn't have been 10.

One thing that also seems to be happening is Wednesday Fans learning how to enjoy themselves again.

It's been a while :)

Cambridge beat Burton 3-0 today - wish I'd had a punt on them staying up when I noticed the odds.

Early in the season but Wednesday, Portsmouth and Sunderland all in the top 6.

Crewe lost again and Ben Knight was hooked on 59 minutes - it's going to be a tough place to shine on loan but hopefully he can do so once he gets up to speed.
Poor Burton, conceded three own goals

1st half today we were poor, the game hinged on a penalty save on the stroke of HT, 2nd half we were better and for someone that would have taken a point prior to the game happy with that.

Like I said before nothing is won in August, but if you'd have asked most Wednesday fans in May how many points would we take from our first 4 games, it wouldn't have been 10.

One thing that also seems to be happening is Wednesday Fans learning how to enjoy themselves again.

It's been a while :)
Good to hear, you lads deserve a change of luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.