League One Thread - 2021/22 | Sunderland promoted

Burton vs Cheltenham on Sky at the moment. Quite a good game - Vistors are leading 0-1 at the moment

I went down to watch Gillingham v Cheltenham in the week. Was really disappointed in Cheltenham to be honest.!I thought they could play a bit but they resorted to a lot of long balls and 60 yard diags which took them down to the level of Gillingham. Their manager was screaming all game “go long” it’s football from the ages. Pass it to the full back and hit the big man up top.

I went down to watch Gillingham v Cheltenham in the week. Was really disappointed in Cheltenham to be honest.!I thought they could play a bit but they resorted to a lot of long balls and 60 yard diags which took them down to the level of Gillingham. Their manager was screaming all game “go long” it’s football from the ages. Pass it to the full back and hit the big man up top.
They played quite a few long balls against Burton but did play it around neatly at the back at times. Pep's style of football seems to have had an influence even at League One level.

Amazing the amount of former PL teams there are in league one now.
Sheff Wed
Portsmouth
Sunderland
Bolton
Wigan
Wimbledon
Ipswich
Charlton

And winners of the FA Cup and UEFA Cup as well. It won't be an easy division to get promoted out of.
Totally agree, then add in Wycombe & Rotherham who bounce between the Championship & League 1 like WBA/Norwich do in the PL and it's wide open.

I do expect you guys to stroll it...despite today...
I'm not so sure, as soon as I saw the team I had my doubts, a RB who has been playing LB now playing CB.

Possesion is a strange stat, and to me a modern day stat. It's no good having 66% of the game and only 2 shots on target.

I'm glad our game is off next week as for us missing Peacock-Farrell would be big miss.

Not sure Darren Moore knows his best team yet, especially the front 3

We like to play out from the keeper to the centre backs at goal kicks, maybe with Dias, Laporte & Stones it's less risk but for me I have kittens everytime Iorfa & Hutchinson get on the ball :)

But you've got Barry Bannan, the League 1 Iniesta.

Keep my eye on the Wednesday and yesterday aside, still think you're going up. Heard you battered them, hit the post a few times then scored an own goal to lose. Reminds me of pre-takeover City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.