League One Thread - 2021/22 | Sunderland promoted

Think yourself lucky, I have to watch this sh*t every week ;)
Haha, yeah I figured out why everyone was so frustrated pretty quickly if that's the model for how you play! You have my condolences, though fair play to you and the 20k+ that were there. And fair play to the lad next to me who found it hilarious that me and my United supporting mate had come for the day. My mate has moved to Sheffield and said he was considering coming more regularly and he was like "you won't be once you've seen us". Ahaha

Haha, yeah I figured out why everyone was so frustrated pretty quickly if that's the model for how you play! You have my condolences, though fair play to you and the 20k+ that were there. And fair play to the lad next to me who found it hilarious that me and my United supporting mate had come for the day. My mate has moved to Sheffield and said he was considering coming more regularly and he was like "you won't be once you've seen us". Ahaha
Sounds like the sort of thing a City fan would have come out with in the heady days of the mid- late 1990s. Frank Clark, Alan (wonder) Ball. Bliss!

Sounds like the sort of thing a City fan would have come out with in the heady days of the mid- late 1990s. Frank Clark, Alan (wonder) Ball. Bliss!

I suppose it's all relative of where you are.

The FA Cup game in 2015 against you I sat in the Colin Bell stand and the abuse Navas was getting from City fans. I remember thinking jeez he cost £15m and he's getting pelters, we've got bloody Stevie May & Big Dave (Adthe Nuihu) up front.

I suppose it's all relative of where you are.

The FA Cup game in 2015 against you I sat in the Colin Bell stand and the abuse Navas was getting from City fans. I remember thinking jeez he cost £15m and he's getting pelters, we've got bloody Stevie May & Big Dave (Adthe Nuihu) up front.
We love a scapegoat at City. Lots and lots of them down the years.

This club!

0-2 up and chances to finish the game, Wimbledon make it 1-2 and we all know what happens next.

The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over andexpecting deifferent results.

We are still just outside the playoffs but again another game and a new team selection. Obviously if a team has injuries changes need to be made, but we don't seem to have a settled team week in week out.

Cambridge United away on Tuesday, at least it's a new ground to mark off.

Division is starting to take shape now and Plymouth/Wigan/Sunderland/Wycombe & Rotherham are jostling for positions at the top.

League One seems pretty exciting this year and I would not dare to pick the top two at this stage. Current leaders Plymouth are 25-1 with Paddy Power to win the league with Sunderland as favourites at 15/8.

Wednesday are 11-1 and judging by West Yorks Owl's posts I will not be backing them at that price.

Think League one will be down to Wigan, Rotherham and Sunderland .......... Wednesday would be there but how many times to they drop points from winning positions :(

League One seems pretty exciting this year and I would not dare to pick the top two at this stage. Current leaders Plymouth are 25-1 with Paddy Power to win the league with Sunderland as favourites at 15/8.

Wednesday are 11-1 and judging by West Yorks Owl's posts I will not be backing them at that price.
Wise choice m8 ;)
Think League one will be down to Wigan, Rotherham and Sunderland .......... Wednesday would be there but how many times to they drop points from winning positions :(
Funny you say that, there is a thread on our forum about this.

This is the summary of it, basically when the clock hits 80 mins Wednesday fans shit themselves:

"In our last 104 games

Points lost from winning positions = 63

Number of games points dropped from winning positions = 26

Total games won = 32 30.7%

% of leads given away = 26/58 45%

Behind in games = 53 times

Points gained from losing position = 9 (1 win)

Total losses = 46

In 2 an 1/4 seasons we’ve come from behind to win once in 53 games. We come back to draw 8 out of the other 52. We’ve dropped points from winning positions in 45% of games we took the lead. 11 times we have been ahead and lost from 53 games.

I’m not sure there would be another club in the whole football league who are both worse at giving up a lead and coming back into games. Huge changes have to be made to sort our clubs mentality"

Wise choice m8 ;)

Funny you say that, there is a thread on our forum about this.

This is the summary of it, basically when the clock hits 80 mins Wednesday fans shit themselves:

"In our last 104 games

Points lost from winning positions = 63

Number of games points dropped from winning positions = 26

Total games won = 32 30.7%

% of leads given away = 26/58 45%

Behind in games = 53 times

Points gained from losing position = 9 (1 win)

Total losses = 46

In 2 an 1/4 seasons we’ve come from behind to win once in 53 games. We come back to draw 8 out of the other 52. We’ve dropped points from winning positions in 45% of games we took the lead. 11 times we have been ahead and lost from 53 games.

I’m not sure there would be another club in the whole football league who are both worse at giving up a lead and coming back into games. Huge changes have to be made to sort our clubs mentality"
Those are some alarming stats! Do Wednesday not have an older head that can come on to see games out? In days gone by older players often slid down the leagues and did that type of job. This does not seem to happen so much nowadays. I guess there are more foreign players who may go back "home" at the end of their time and others have made enough in their careers to not have to do this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.